Search for content in message boards

William Ransom

William Ransom

Posted: 7 Jun 2002 11:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2002 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: Ransom, Maddick
Hi!
I've traced my Australian family back to William Ransom, b.1826 in Ware, Hertfordshire, Eng. and his wife Emma Maddick, b. 1825 in Devonshire, Eng. Can anyone help me with information about the ancestors of either of these two. William was sent to Aust. as a convict in about 1846.

Thanks for your help.

Re: William Ransom

Posted: 1 Jul 2002 3:33AM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2004 11:38AM GMT
Surnames: Ransom, Ransome
Hi Ian,

I too have the name Ransom(e) in Australia and was wondering if maybe we had a link between our families ? Please check out http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~kemp/index.html and let me know if there are any links.

Regards,

Andrew

Posted: 28 Jan 2007 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: Ransom, Carter, Littlejohn, Bruce
Hi andrew i have just checked your site and we are related through Harry and Katherine Ransom.
On another site in Rootsweb the parents of Harry Ransom are Isaac and Margaret Carter. I m not sure but i thought they were Robert and Jacobina Ransom (Littlejohn nee Bruce)
Can you confirm for me
thanks jill

Posted: 5 Feb 2007 12:08PM GMT
Surnames: Ransom, Littlejohn, Culmsee
Dear Jill,

A quick check of the indexes shows that the parents of Harry Ransom who married Katherine Culmsee were indeed Robert Ransom and Jacobina Anderson Littlejohn.

With a reasonably common name of Harry Ransom, I can indeed see how this confusion might arise.

You mentioned that you are directly related to this family? Please contact me directly to discuss our common family.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Posted: 5 Feb 2007 11:09PM GMT
Surnames: Ransom, Culmsee, Masters
hi andrew
Great to get a reply back.
if you can send me your email address i will send through all that i have on the Masters/ Culmsee/ Ransom families.
thank you
jill

Posted: 5 Feb 2007 11:11PM GMT
my email address is silvo1@dodo.com.au
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions