Search for content in message boards

Hogan Family South Carolina

Hogan Family South Carolina

Posted: 28 Jul 2013 10:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hogan
Researching the Hogan, Parker, Wilson families who migrated from Va., NC to SC late 1700's early 1800's and settled in the Old Craven District, parts later becoming Fairfield and Kershaw Counties, SC. William B. Hogan (1760-1836) is descended from William James Hogan (1680-1754). mtDNA confirms connection. Seeking siblings along this line and would appreciate any information.

Re: Hogan Family South Carolina

Posted: 29 Jul 2013 3:03AM GMT
Surnames: Hogan
My gr gr gr grandfather William Hogan (b.1777 SC) told the 1850 Overton, TN census taker that he was born in "SC". Family lore is that his father is a William Hogan b.1740 who left his Indian wife in "Old" Virginia shortly after the Revolutionary War. He brought his two sons Daniel and William (1777) with him and settled in Willis Bottom, TN (Overton/Clay co.). This is as far as any of our group of researchers can get. We have DNA tests posted with Family Tree and most of our Hogan matches are from the James Hogan/Silence descendants. This would be from Anson, NC. What research have you done with the 1790 census of Union, SC? There are several Hogan's here and I believe we may be connected somehow. My e-mail is tshogan2@msn.com.

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: HOGAN MORAN SHANAHAN
Looks like we match with your William Hogan from Fairfield Kershaw county South carolina.
Am out of town right now, so my records are not with me, but recall that the "B" in William B Hogan stand for "Brisbane" His son was named Brisbane Hogan and married my husband's g grandmother, Elizabeth Moran, somewhere in the state of Kansas. They moved to Indiana and then to Chicago where his grandmother Elizabeth Hogan was born. She in turned married James J Shanahan, my father in law.
Will get back to you when I have "unearthed" the records.
Marilyn Shanahan

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 11:23PM GMT
Apology for delay in responding.
My research on the Hogan family beyond Fairfield and Kershaw Co. of SC has only just begun. Apparently, the name William Hogan appears in many different family lines and is requiring careful study to try and separate. My line at present has my ancestors in Chamblee, NC marrying into the Parker family. Once they arrived in SC Hogans continued to marry Parkers. My Gr.grandmother was a Hogan, my gr.grandfather a Parker.
Union, Fairfield, Kershaw etc. were once part of old Craven District, SC before becoming individual counties and is the area to which many NC Hogans migrated. I am hoping that through Ancestry and DNA studies the real links are made, but feel it will take time.
When time permits I go to Winnsboro and Camden, SC to research and will keep updating my Hogan info on Ancestry.
My e-mail is jmpward46913@yahoo.com.

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 11:45PM GMT
Thanks for the Hogan info. I descend from Lewis Hogan a son of William B. Hogan (1760-1836)m. Mary Polly Little (1788-1870). Their son, William D. Hogan (1818-1884) m. Martha Cloud and they had a son named William Burwell Hogan (1849-1975) m. Kate Elizabeth Cloud (1857-1920). Their daughter Sarah Euleila Hogan (1876-1935) m. Edgar W. Parker my gr.grandparents.
However, Wm. D. Hogan also had a daughter Caroline "Caddie" Hogan (1856-1900) m. Henry Lawson Crumpton (1851-1931). Their son Lawson Burwell Crumpton (1894-1958) m. Emma Kate Parker (1900-1975) who was the daughter of Euleila Hogan and Edgar W. Parker. L.B. Crumpton and E.K. Parker were my grandparents.
Brisbane Hogan and Lewis Hogan were brothers, so yes we are somehow related. My e-mail is jmpward46913@yahoo.net. Let's stay in touch.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic