Search for content in message boards

Reunion for descendants of Samuel Utley and Betsey Finch (or French)

Reunion for descendants of Samuel Utley and Betsey Finch (or French)

Posted: 19 May 2007 2:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Utley, Reece, Wickham, Sherman, Scott, McNames, Caulkett, Welsch, Davis
I am a descendent of Samuel and Betsey's son John Utley, born in Canada in 1822. John's brother Reuben moved to Sanilac Co., Michigan before 1859. In 1859 John and his second wife, Hannah Reece, moved his family to Sanilac Co., Michigan. They had 12 children who lived to adulthood, and the Utleys populated Sanilac County in the early 1900's. Some surnames related to the female lines are Sherman, Scott, McNames, Caulkett, Welsch (or Welsh) and Davis. I am trying to get a reunion together for July 14th in Lexington but more details will be given in a couple of days when I firm it up with one of my cousins. If you are descended from John, Reuben, or can go back to Samuel in Canada (one daughter was born in Uxbridge) please contact me and I'll send you details. One thread under Utley said that they are descended from Samuel and Anna Wickham. I sure would like to hear from you!

Re: Reunion for descendants of Samuel Utley and Betsey Finch (or French)

Posted: 29 Nov 2007 11:25PM GMT
I received your email, but my reply was returned back to me from the posting domain. If you will, can you email me at my email address robertdawn@adelphia.net. Thanks!! (I'm so excited to be in touch!!)

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: Utley, French, Lewis, Kipp, Beardslee
I'm looking for info on Samuel Utley and Betsey French. I am related to them through their daughter Barbara Utley. Barbara married Edwin Lewis in Burford, Ontario. Many of their children settled in St. Claire and Sanilac counties in Michigan. I've been working very hard trying to find out what happened to Samuel and Betsy Utley, with little luck. I've found a few very promising leads as to where they came from, but not much else. I'm 100% sure that Betsey Utley's maiden name is French, and not Finch or Fitch as I have seen it. I'm almost 100% sure her parents are John French and Catherine Beardslee of Bennington Co., Vermont, but I haven't found any documents that confirm this for certain. All I have found are Kipp ancestors of Oxford East, Ontario and Michigan(Kipp is a name that comes up repeatedly in my family line) that are related to this French/Beardslee line. I think that Betsy French Utley was born September 13, 1780 in Bennington, VT. Any help on this line would be great. Thanks!

Posted: 28 Jan 2011 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: Utley, Reese, Kipp
This is a very old post. My name is Joan Utley Jeffries, descendent of John Utley and Hannah Reese. John was the son of Samuel Utley and Betsey French. I've had genealogy on hold because of an increasingly busy work schedule but I've just retired, working as a volunteer at our local (Alexandria, LA) genealogical library and looked up these posts.l I hope that we can connect now! My husband's e-mail is above (earlofjeffries@hotmail.com) and you can reach me through that. Yours is new information to me - had no information on John's siblings, except his brother Rufus. Please write! One of my cousins is descended from John's youngest son, also John, and Amy Kipp! Quite a popular name! She would be thrilled to hear from you, if we can connect. Hoping it's not too late!

Posted: 28 Jan 2011 8:28PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2011 2:22PM GMT
Surnames: Utley, Jeffries
I hope that this will reach you, albeit old, but will also try on your e-mail. Have had genealogy on hold for some time, at least on my Utley line; recently retired so hope to pick it back up again. My name is Joan Utley Jeffries, I have lived in La. for 28 years but Michigan is still my home state.

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 5:39PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2013 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Utley, Finch
Hello,
I am assisting a friend with her app for membership in NSDAR. She is in the Barbara/Betsy Utley line - we have her as daughter of Samuel Utley/Elizabeth Finch. Do you have any documentation that supports this?

Thank you for your time.
Margaret Thompson
mvthompson@cox.net

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 1:51PM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2013 12:37PM GMT
Surnames: Utley, French
Are you still seeking information on Samuel Utley and Elizabeth French? Please let me know if you are. I would love to compare notes!

Pat McCauley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions