Search for content in message boards

John DeJean "poet of the workshop"

John DeJean "poet of the workshop"

Laurel (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2003 4:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on John DeJean Frazer. He published poems under the name John DeJean in "The Nation" in the late 1840's. Would like to find copies of his writings. He is my direct ancestor. I live in the United States.

Re: John DeJean "poet of the workshop"

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 12:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Frazer
Hello. I've just been looking up information on poet John de Jean/Jean de Jean - or is it John DeJean Frazer?! Your enquiry from 2003 came up. Did you know that he was born in Birr, County Offaly? My friend (a fellow artist) and I are presently working on creating a new town trail and we are compiling short biographies on our chosen 'famous and interesting people of Birr.'
Did you ever find what you were looking for? Perhaps you know something of interest that could be shared - not least, what sort of things did he make as a cabinet-maker and do you by any wonderful chance have any of his pieces, or pictures of them, or his maker's mark?
I read tonight that his son in law had died in Jersey City. I used to live there! How did he come to live there?
Good wishes,
Rosalind Fanning
Artist and writer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions