Search for content in message boards

Please help with the last name Horan

Please help with the last name Horan

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 4:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Horan
There is a current band called One Direction. I believe I may be realted to Niall Horan. He was born in Mullingar, Westmeath, Ireland. He was born on September 13, 1993. If you have any information as to his grandparents or farther back in his family history, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Hannah

Re: Please help with the last name Horan

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 1:56AM GMT
hi
there are a few Horan familys around Mullimgar Westmeath
you would need to have a little more backround information I think to get further

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 10:35PM GMT
I'm related to Niall Horan from One Direction,via his maternal grandmother Kathleen Horan nee Galvin,the late Kathleen and my late grandmother were 1st cousins.We spent a lot of time with them as kids

Rory

Posted: 16 Apr 2015 10:07PM GMT
Surnames: Horan
Do you know anything of Patrick Horan that immigrated to the US in the 1930's. He was born in 1906 and was a brother to Niall's grandpa. Trying to locate any information I can on Patrick, his wife, and his children. I haven't been able to locate any obituaries or other information.

Posted: 10 May 2015 7:41PM GMT
Is your Horan from Westmeath? If he was born in 1906 he might be in the 1911 Census?

1911:
Railway Cottages, in the Dedicated Electoral District of Mullingar South Urban

Patrick Horan 31, Railway Fireman, born Galway, family all RC
Mary 28 born Galway, married 4 years, 4 children, 4 living
Peter 9 born Galway
Lizzie 7 born Galway
Patrick 5, born Westmeath
Daniel under 1 yr. born Westmeath

www.rootsireland.ie for parish records but usually only to 1900 for Galway and Westmeath

This summer the National Library is releasing their records on microfilm for baptisms.....and........

www.familysearch.org is a good place for civil registrations for Ireland and also a good website for the USA.

Annette Code
per page

Find a board about a specific topic