Search for content in message boards

family History

Underwood

Rhonda Guilliams (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Underwood

Can you give some of the names in your Underwood family line? We descend thru Jesse and Elizabeth Underwood. Very willing to share any info we have. Rhonda

family History

Posted: 5 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 May 2002 3:27PM GMT
Surnames: Collins, McDaniel, Kanode, Lovern, Underwood
Searching for ancestors in Floyd County, Bedford & Pulaski. Any information would be appreciated

Underwood

Rhonda Guilliams (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT

Can you give some dates? I don't have a Martin listed but am sure he will fit in somewhere in this family.

family history

Posted: 6 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 May 2002 3:27PM GMT
My grandfather was Martin Underwood who lived in Floyd County. Am trying to find His Ancestors, Believe He had a brother Named Aaron & a sister who married a Caney Dunford.
Posted: 19 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 3:13PM GMT
Surnames: Lovern, Winfree, Childress
My grandfather, John Wesley Lovern was born in Floyd Co. VA on Oct 10, 1854. His father was William A. Lovern born June 1826. He was married to Mary Jane Winfree in 1851. Mary Jane was born in June 1829 in Floyd Co. I have one source that says William A Lovern's father was Patrick Lovern but have not confirmed this. My facts on the Lovern family are limited. I would appreciate any assistance.

CHILDRESS,COLE,LIKENS,WINFREE

Posted: 2 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2001 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: COLE, CHILDRESS, LIKENS, WINFREE
I have Cyntha WINFREE b. 31 Jul 1831 Floyd Co. VA. d/o Steven, b. abt. 1813 Cumberland Co. VA. and Elizabeth CHILDRESS, b. 1819 d/o Bolen and Elizabeth LIKENS. I don't have much info. before Cyntha. Cyntha married Harvey(Henry) COLE. willing to share info. Thanks, Betty

Reed and Cole

Jim Reed (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reed, Cole
Betty, I Hope that you found my website usefull and I am posting it here for others to see. Be aware that, while most of the information is accurate, some of it is questionalble and I have left (?) marks to indicate this.

Re: Lovern

Posted: 9 Sep 2001 2:21AM GMT
I have just started researching my husband's family history. They are from the Montgomery co area in Va. I was wondering if any one had any information on Paul Lovern and his parents Paul was born on December 14, 1908 and died sometime in Sept. 1972. Wife's name was Emma.Thanks...
Posted: 9 May 2002 10:44PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2003 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: Lovern
Elizabeth,

Do you happen to have a Franklin and Cynthia Lovern with a daughter named Rosie b: Jan 1889? I am looking for anything on this line in Montgomery County, VA. Thanks for your help.

Re: Lovern

Jo Ann Bond (Jody) (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2002 2:23PM GMT
Surnames: Lovern>Jones>Guthrey>Wirt>Bond>Sheppard>Etc.
I happen to work with one of Paul's children! William (Bill) Lovern! I am assuming that you are married or were married to Marshall (Pee Wee) Lovern! Bill and Marshall are the only sons that Paul and Emma had! Need any more info email me and we can swap info, okay! I am married to Paul's niece's son! Hazel's son Dennis! Hazel is Paul's brother Joe's daughter! Jody!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions