Search for content in message boards

Attn: SC/Ga Stanfield researchers

Attn: SC/Ga Stanfield researchers

Posted: 1 Jun 2002 10:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi all,

I have been working on the John Stanfield b. ca. 1775 Abbeville (married to Rebecca) that settled in Tattnal co. Ga., problem of finding his parentage.

I have found some new info and am trying to sort it out.

I would like to know if anyone has actually seen a document that states that they were from Abbeville? Even something that mentions them and Abbeville?

Or, is it possible that this info came from the idea that Capt. John Stanfield of Abbeville was John's father?

After further review, Rebecca and the 3 boys, Jehu, John and Paul are found in the Barnwell district in 1810 not Abbeville. In 1820 she and family are found in Tattnal co. Ga.

The southern tip of SC was at the time made up of the tri-county area of Barnwell, Beaufort and Colleton counties. Many families that would populate Tattnal co. Ga. are found here in the censuses of 1790-1810.

Unless someone knows of documented proof that the Tattnal co. Ga Stanfields (John and Rebecca) came from Abbeville then I think we may need to head in a new direction to solve this.

Dana

Re: Attn: SC/Ga Stanfield researchers

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 6:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stanfield
Do you know a John Carlton Stanfield? it would be my mothers dad and my grandfather. I do not know nothing about him and my mom MIGHT know alittle, but thats it. Thank you for any information your able to give me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions