Search for content in message boards

Charity Adkins, Daughter of Parker V. Adkins married Henry Harless

Charity Adkins, Daughter of Parker V. Adkins married Henry Harless

Posted: 2 Oct 2011 9:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Adkins
I am related to Charity Adkine Harless Adkins. She was married to Henry Harless, then married Robert Adkins. (Parker V. Adkins nephew.) Henry and Charity had a son, George who had a son Henry and THAT Henry married Rebecca Briney. I own Rebecca Briney's personal Bible with all of the chilren of Henry and Rebecca listed, as well as marriages and deaths. Rebecca ended up dying in Indianola, Warren County, Iowa-about 15 minutes from me. If anyone is of this line, I have a lot of information to share.

Re: Charity Adkins, Daughter of Parker V. Adkins married Henry Harless

Posted: 2 Oct 2011 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: adkins
Charity Adkins Harless Adkins - sorry

Posted: 2 Oct 2011 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: ADKINS, HARLESS
I have the marriage record for Charity Adkins and Randal Adkins in 1788. The Charity that married Henry Harless ca. 1770 was still having Harless children until 1792.

Marriage Notes: EARLY ADVENTURERS ON THE WESTERN WATERS, Vol II, by Mary B. Kegley, p148, "Montgomery Co., VA Marriages 1781-1830--1788 List dated Feb 21, 1788, probably Richard Whitt's" -- Randal Adkins and Charity Adkins
p 183 Aug 27, Randal Atkins and Charity Atkins, sur. Militan Adkins

I have the family posted on Rootsweb at:
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&d...

George Harless is my line also.
I hope to hear from you about the family.

Gwen Boyer Bjorkman
gwenbj@seanet.com

Posted: 19 Oct 2011 8:00PM GMT
Charity would be my 4th greatgrandfathers sister ,Parker V Adkins and Mary Bluesky Cornstalk, daughter of Chief Cornstalk. only had 2 children ,Charity and Littleberry,of which I am a decendent of Littleberry ,I would love the info please

Kathy Cheyenne

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: ADKINS, HARLESS, BRINEY
I received an e-mail from someone today who offered to post a picture of this Rebecca Briney's personal Bible record that you have, but your e-mail address is not posted on this page. I have lost his e-mail so I cannot send you a copy. I hope that he will see this message and write to us again. I know we would all be interested in this Bible information. I have the Harless family posted on my Rootsweb page at:

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&d...

I would love to hear from you.

Gwen Boyer Bjorkman
gwenbj@seanet.com

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 6:53AM GMT
I have TONS of info. My email is: PrayingEagleGT@aol.com.

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 6:55AM GMT
I have it posted to Rebecca Briney. I will go and make sure it is there. Patty

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 9:11PM GMT
I too descend from Parker V. Adkins and his Son Elijah Adkins.
Allot of people have his year of birth incorrect, it is not 1764-65, it is however 1771-72.
February 28, 1790 in Montgomery Co., Virginia Elijah Adkins married Nancy Hunter.
June 21, 1792 Montgomery Co., Virginia Tax List shows Elijah Adkins is over 16 years of age, but not above 21 years of age.
Does your Bible show information on Charity's Parents, Brothers and Sisters? Thanks! Ethel

Posted: 27 Oct 2011 1:28AM GMT
Surnames: Adkins Harless
No, the bible does not show the brothers and sisters. Charity and Henry Harless moved to Henry, Marshall County, Illinois with several of other Harless son's of George. Family times were a little difficult when Charity took off with Randolph (Randal) Adkins and raised a family with him. If anyone is related through Charity, you are an American Indian. I have joined the Appalachian Shawnee Tribe of NC and my Tribal Name is Praying Eagle Great Tree.
Please email me at PrayingEagleGT@aol.com if you would like more information. Patty Burgus

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Adkins
Earlene,
The information I have for Elijah Adkins the Son of Parker V. Adkins is from research and records I have found.
The marriage record of 1790, Montgomery Co., VA of Elijah Adkins and Nancy Hunter.
His age is defined thru the 1792 Montgomery Co., VA Tax List with him being over the age of 16 years, but not above 21 years of age.
As far as a marriage to an indian named White Wing 1784, he would have only been about 12 years of age.
The Children:
Lewis, Richard, and Little Nancy Atkins I believe to be the Children of Morris Atkins of Grainger Co., TN.
I hope this helps. Ethel
per page

Find a board about a specific topic