WV and George Phillip Groh/Crow b 1719 Germany d 1780
Brooke Co WV as their ancestors. If I could find
someone from Jacob Crow/Richhill Twn it would prove or
disprove what is widely claimed, that he is a son of
George Phillip Groh.

I'm also looking for a desendant of Peter Crow b 1769
MD m Sophia Trimble and moved from Allegany Co MD to
Donegal Twn, Washington Co, PA also supposed by some
to be a son of George Phillip and a brother of Jacob.

You might be familiar with FTDNA, the test is a
mouth swab..no blood! On My Family "Crow's Landing"
there are 14 different Crow families identified by DNA
from England, Ireland and Germany. The test kit is
pricey but it is worth it to me to pay for it.
Thanks for any help.

Re: Crow/e Descendants

Posted: 28 Feb 2007 6:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crowe
I'm not sure if this will be of any help to you but I ran across your post as I was doing a search on George Phillip Crowe, b: 1719, Hess, Germany d: 1780 Ohio, West Virginia(?) It looks like we are searching for the same person. Let me know what you think!

Posted: 1 Mar 2007 6:30AM GMT
I'm very interested. The testers that my brother matched are supposed descendants of George Phillip Groh/Crow.
Who are you related to? There are soooo many Phillips, Williams, Jacobs etc. it is hard to figure out who was first.
You can email me at doris_greaves@sbcglobal.net. I'd love to share what we have with you.

Posted: 1 Mar 2007 8:06PM GMT
Hi,
Would you have any idea where the information on George Philip Groh,that is widely reported on the Internet, originated? I can find him onthe Passenger lists and there are Grohs in Berks Co PA Land Warrants but they end. There's ne Philip Groh in MD c late 1700s that could be him but there are no more Grohs after that.
We found a direct male from Jacob Gro/Crow Richhill, Twn Greene Co PA. that doesn't match any of the DNA in the 14 other Crow/Crowe identified families. Interesting.

Posted: 2 Mar 2007 2:57AM GMT
Surnames: CROW, PRIEST
George Philip Crow, Sr. is the earliest ancestor in my line of Crows. If you've done research on this family, I'm really in need of information about his great grandson, Samuel Crow,
b.abt 1773 in MD, m.Maria Priest on 12 Aug 1830 in Morgan Co, OH and d.bet 1840 and 1850 in OH, probably Morgan Co. I'm always happy to share what I have so let me know if you think we're looking at the same family.

Posted: 3 Mar 2007 7:47PM GMT
We are definitely look at the same family!
Would you be interested in checking out "Crow's Landing"?

Posted: 4 Mar 2007 2:18AM GMT
I would definitely be interested!

Posted: 28 Dec 2007 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: Crow/e
We found two descendants of Jacob Gro/Crow of Richhill Twn, Greene Co PA.
One from son Martin and one from son Peter. Their DNA matched but did not match any of the 8 other testers that claim George Phillip Groh/Crow as their common ancestor. Or any of the other 12 Crow/e lines on MyFamily "Crow's Landing" from England, Ireland, Isle of Wight, Australia and Scotland.

Still looking for a direct male descendant Crow/e from Peter Crow b MD 1769 m Sophia Trimble. Lived in Donegal Twn, Washington Co PA. Moved to PA before 1810.
Thanks,
DCG

Posted: 3 Jul 2008 3:51AM GMT
Surnames: Crow, Cooley, Englehorn, Davis
My step father-in-law is a descendent of this Crow line. Please contact me and I may be able to fill in some of the gray areas you are searching. I have gotten my information from family members and obituaries that were in a family bible given to my husband who was adopted into the Crow family.

Posted: 3 Jul 2008 3:42PM GMT
I'm so happy to hear from you! I'm not at my home at the moment so I will contact you when I return. I'm dying to know how we connect!
Thanks!
Doris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions