Search for content in message boards

MOORE, Oliver

MOORE, Oliver

Cathleen (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2000 5:50AM GMT
I just started 4mths ago. I am looking for a Oliver Moore b. 1819 in Lycoming or Clearfield Co., PA. I can't find who his parents are. I would appreciate any leads. Thanks.

Oliver Moore

Posted: 22 May 2000 8:30PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:31PM GMT
There are 10 Moores in Lycoming County in the 1820 U.S. Census, and one in Clearfield.
There is one Oliver Moore listed in Pennsylvania in the 1830 census. He's in Erie County, in Venango township. But the census lists only heads of household. In the 1840census, there is no Oliver listed in the state. In the 1850 census, four are listed, one in Philadelphia county, Kensington Twp, Clearfield Twp., Karthaus Twp., and two in Allegheny County. Again, only head of household is identified. Can any of these be him? I'll check further if you can narrow it down for me.
John Moore
jmoore4308@aol.com

Oliver Moore

Posted: 22 May 2000 8:34PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:31PM GMT
Correction: 1850 Census: Clearfield County, Karthaus Twp., p. 414.
J.Moore

JMoore

Cathleen (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2000 5:06AM GMT
Yes. The 1850 Census for Karthaus has my Oliver. His brother Daniel is there too. I seen the Oliver in Erie Census as well. I do not know where my Oliver or his family came from before he shows up in Karthaus. I feel that his father's name was John and mother, Mary. But this is not concrete. Any sugestions? Thanks for all your time.

Contact

Cathleen (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2000 5:17AM GMT
My e-mail is cathleen@csrlink.net.

Moore surnames

Gary Allen Lull (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2000 7:36PM GMT
GO these pages for looking for Moore and than Cemeteries for the Town of Morris, NY.
Check out all the Cemeteries for Moore.

http://cgi.rootsweb.com/~genbbs/genbbs.cgi/USA/NY/Otsego

http://www.rootsweb.com/~nyotsego/#F

Moore and Lull surnames are there.

See Ya, Gary Allen Lull
4th Great Grandson of the famous Timothy Lull of Hartland, Vt. "1763"
Kin to Ethan Allen also.

James Oliver Moore

PAT SMITH (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2000 10:49PM GMT
My ggreat grandfather is James Oliver Moore
His father was william a moore.James died in ml on June8,1890 James son was Niles Oliver Moore Born Oct 25,1873 and died Feb17, 1943
William is buried in Ionia county Mi

James Oliver Moore

Loretta (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2000 7:23AM GMT
Do you have any of his brothers names? I have a brother of my Oliver named James who has a son Elis. My e-mail is cathleen@csrlink.net. Can't wait to hear from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic