Search for content in message boards

Posted: 9 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Mar 2003 8:59PM GMT
I am decendant of Davis Burroughs and Nancy Godfry of Franklin Co. GA. They wre married 3/22/18??. One of 14 offspring was Wm S Burroughs b 9/9/1846.He married Sarah P. Bonds 11/6/1867. One of their 6 offsprings was Maud Orile Burroughs b 7/11/1887. She was sukpposedly born iln Harriis Co TX and married A.T. Blondeau 4/2/1908. Their son was Orville Blondeau b 7/13/1911 who was my father. I am trying to establish military affiliations, family ties and any other historical facts. This is my first attempt and is purely for fun and personal interest.

Posted: 7 May 2011 1:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burroughs, Fox, Burris
I am descended from Burris family, but believe the immigrant was a John Burroughs, b. ca 1730, d. before 1800 in Pendleton district SC. I think he had a son named Henry, and 4 others: Wm, Elijah, Jesse, and ? (one more, maybe George, maybe Jasper?). I descend thru Jesse's line. I found Henry in GA land lottery of 1805 and he went to Franklin co GA, or was already there as his mother was Nancy Kitty Fox Burris, a Cherokee, and Cherokees had Franklin co GA as part of their nation at one time. Henry had kin named Jasper, which my line had Jaspers too. Does any of this ring a bell? Richard Burris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic