Search for content in message boards

Burnett - Dry Creek from Beauregard or Calcasieu

Burnett - Dry Creek from Beauregard or Calcasieu

Posted: 8 Nov 2002 11:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Mar 2003 6:11PM GMT
Surnames: Burnett
I am researching Burnett's from Dry Creek/Beauregard/Calcasieu parish. Looking for Burnett's 1860-1900. Especially interested in the Alfred Burnett connection. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Burnett - Dry Creek from Beauregard or Calcasieu

Posted: 29 Jul 2012 12:33AM GMT
We are related to Dorinda Burnett.

Posted: 29 Jul 2012 2:16AM GMT
the only burnett in my family was married to gladys mae green. her father was amos green and his father was preston paul green who married lucinda simmons.

his name could have been al burnett from reeves, la ( this might be alfred burnett ) ???

dont know anything about his linage

hope this helps

al cochran

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 1:43AM GMT
Hello,

Sorry about the slow response. I am from the James Jefferson line, who would be the youngest sibling to your ancestor Dorinda. I would love to hear from your line of the Burnett family. I, along with other cousins have been researching our Burnett roots, especially Alfred and Julia. I have found cousins from Sherrod and Elizabeth, but not your line. Look forward to hearing from you.
Mike Burnett
Houston, TX

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 2:46AM GMT
I really don't have much on the Burnetts. I think all the information I have came from Find A Grave. I posted several Morroghs on Find A Grave.

Dorinda Burnett married John Archibald Morrogh, but I don't even have their marriage date. Her death certificate does not state where she is buried.

My primary interest was the Morrogh surname. I have a lot of info on the Morroghs.

But you might possibly be able to help me with William Henry Morrogh (1884-1913). He was killed a few months after his mother, Dorinda Burnett, died.

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 2:46AM GMT
I really don't have much on the Burnetts. I think all the information I have came from Find A Grave. I posted several Morroghs on Find A Grave.

Dorinda Burnett married John Archibald Morrogh, but I don't even have their marriage date. Her death certificate does not state where she is buried.

My primary interest was the Morrogh surname. I have a lot of info on the Morroghs.

But you might possibly be able to help me with William Henry Morrogh (1884-1913). He was killed a few months after his mother, Dorinda Burnett, died.

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 2:27PM GMT
Hello,
I too, have little information on Dorinda Burnett and John Archibald Morrogh.

What I do have is census records showing Dorinda in 1850, 1860, and 1870 living with her parent(s). In 1880 she is listed in the John Archibald Morrogh household in Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana and again in the 1900 census in Saint Landry Parish. Calcasieu Parish (now Beauregard Parish) is where Dorinda’s parents and siblings resided.

In 1880 John and Dorinda have a 5 year old son John F, so I assume they were married sometime between 1870 and 1875. I tried to find this household in 1910 census, but no luck. Have you located this family in the 1910 census?

In the 1920 census John A, is living with his son Alfred in New Orleans. What is confusing is John A’s death certificate showing his death in Beaumont, TX a year later. Do you know if he moved between son’s households during his widow years? Side note, Alfred Morrogh’s grandfather was Alfred Burnett, I suppose there is a name connection there. Another side note, Dorinda’s sister Sidnah died a widow in Beaumont in 1928.

Dorinda’s death certificate shows Harris County, TX. Were there Morrogh family in Houston, New Orleans and Beaumont?

Honesty, other than what is posted on Find A Grave I do not know any information about William Henry Morrogh. I am guessing you are the one posting the Find A Grave information about the Morrogh family? I did search my family tree and ran across two other William Henry’s, both had the surname Hodges, which is an old family name from Calcasieu Parish.

If I might ask, are you a direct descendant of John A and Dorinda? Please feel free to pass my contacts along to any other’s that are researching the Burnett side your family. mjbtexas1@gmail.com

Thanks again for your response and if there is any information I can provide or share, please let me know.

Mike Burnett
Houston, TX

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 4:21PM GMT
Hello Mike
I have never found John & Dorinda on the 1910 census.

The 1st son of John Alfred Morrogh, John F Morrogh,lived in Beaumont with his wife, Lodora T Fannette.

Alfred Alexandre Morrogh married Nora May McMahon. Why they ended up in Livingston Parish I do not know.

William Henry Morrogh lived in Houston. He married Mabel G Nelson in 1906.

Yes, I have been doing most of the postings on the Morrogh family on Find A Grave.

Morrogh is my husband's family that I have been researching for 20 years. Our common ancestor is John Francis Morrogh (1817-1873). My husband's great grandfather is Francis Morrogh (1868-1954). Francis is the youngest child of John Francis Morrogh and Leonise Corbello and the brother of John Archibald Morrogh.

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 3:13AM GMT
his name was Allen Arnold Burnett, he was my great grandfather. i know very little about him or that side of the family as he died before i was born. all i know is that he and Gladys Mae green had a daughter named Betty who married Charles Winstead.

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 8:26PM GMT
Gladys Mae Green used to visit my grandmother Margaret Amy Green Cochran and aunt Tressie Cochran who lived in Bivens; Beauregard Parish. Their ancestors were Richard Charles Green and his son Preston Paul Green.

I think I was told Al Burnett and Gladysa Mae lived in Reeves.

Al Cochran
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions