Search for content in message boards

Capt. William Fuller, Ann Arendale County Maryland, 1650

Capt. William Fuller, Ann Arendale County Maryland, 1650

Posted: 15 May 2004 2:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Channell, Mathews, Hathaway, Hughes
Greetings Listers:

I have no Fuller's in my family history. This is an attempt to gain some information on a Cpt. William Fuller, who at one time acted as the Governor of Maryland during the Puritan unrest during the 1650's.

I have a document from 1659 that states a William Fuller was granted 100 acres (which he alter assigned) for the transporting of a John Channell in 1650. Research leads me to believe that the destination was Providence (present day Annapolis) Maryland. There are indications that Channell may have been one of the approx. 500 Puritans who left Virginia at this time for Maryland at the request of Lord Calvert.

Does this William Fuller ring any bells with anyone on this list? I'd like to establish whether Fuller was indeed in Virigina and came to Maryland in 1649/1650. Additionally, there was a Cpt. William Fuller in Cromwalls Roundhead army said to have come to Maryland. Would this be the same Fuller?

Appreciation for any information that could be passed along.

Warm Regards,
M.E. Mathews

Re: Capt. William Fuller, Ann Arendale County Maryland, 1650

John Fuller aka Wes (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2004 3:08PM GMT
The book "EARLY SOUTHERN FULLERS"2ND EDTION has 4 or 5 pages on him .
I have a copy in hand if I can help.He was from Oliver Cromwell's army,and was the Governor of Maryland.He died about 1695 in So. Carolina.Wes

Posted: 19 Apr 2006 7:36PM GMT
Do you know where I can find a copy of the "Early Southern Fullers" Book?

Posted: 13 May 2006 9:23PM GMT
Would love to have a copy of the book Early Southern Fullers myself. Can anyone help? My husband is from Dickenson County and his paternal grandmother was a Fuller. Hope someone can please help................

Sadie Baker (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2006 10:06AM GMT
Try contacting Kay Fuller Mitchell, the author. You should find her e-mail address somewhere on the Fuller Board. She posted info during April regarding a Fuller reunion. My great grandfather, Edward W. Dickerson, married Louisa Prudence Fuller.

Posted: 10 May 2010 11:01PM GMT
Surnames: Fuller, Ross
I am trying to find a tree of William Fuller's descendants to see if the William Ross who married Ann Fuller in Charleston in 1743 is his descendant. If so, did did they have a daughter named Nancy?

Thanks,

Sue Coffman, Dallas

Posted: 10 May 2010 11:04PM GMT
Surnames: Fuller, Ross
I am trying to find a tree of William Fuller's descendants to see if the Ann Fuller who married William Ross in Charleston in 1743 is his descendant. If so, did did they have a daughter named Nancy? Sorry: I wrote my query backwards the first time!

Thanks,

Sue Coffman, Dallas

Posted: 13 May 2010 6:16PM GMT
If you are interested I recently published the genealogy of Capt. William Fuller which includes his arrival to the colonies and his activities within the colony of Maryland. You may contact me at:
jfuller82@embarqmail.com
John Beattie Fuller

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 2:40AM GMT
I am supposed to by a descendant of William Fuller myself. I came across Kay Fuller Mitchell's wonderful book in the Charleston, SC Library. I tried to contact her by phone and the number was disconnected. I called the publisher and they said they gave the author any books not sold. YOu might try to contact her as well. Her old address in Kay Fuller Mitchell, 14 Bald Eagle Road, Lake Wylie, SC 29710, but I think she has moved. Google her on the web.

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 9:34PM GMT
You might want to look at my very recent posting regarding Captain William Fuller.
John Beattie Fuller
per page

Find a board about a specific topic