Search for content in message boards

Isaac Bellamy

Isaac Bellamy

Jerry Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2004 5:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bellamy
Interested in finding out what happened to Isaac Bellamy father of Edward P. Bellamy who at age 10 was living with James M. Bellamy in the 1870 Hawkins census (I am pretty sure that is the grandparents). I have been told that Isaac was killed in the opening year of the Civil War but can find no proof of that or gravesite or where died. Also interested in what happened to his wife and circumstances the kids living with the GPs. Edward is my GGFather

Re: Isaac Bellamy

Eddie Palmer (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2005 9:12PM GMT
How about James Morris Bellamy b. Nov.11,1793 marr. Priscilla A. Bellamy on Jan. 18,1813 had a son Named Issac L. Bellamy b. Oct.05,1827 marr. hester Ann Kelsie:
1.Elizabeth Jane Bellamy b. Sept 11,1854
2.John Malaya Bellamy b. Sept.10,1856
3.James Merideth Bellamy b. Sept.26,1857
4. Edward Preble Bellamy b. July 25,1860 marr. Sally E. Underwood on Sept. 02,1885 in Hawkins Co.,Tn.
1. Wilbur Bellamy
2. Mabel Bellamy
3. Virginia "Effie" Bellamy
Does this look like the Bellamy line you are looking for ????

jerry (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2005 11:56PM GMT
yes, it is. Virginia "Effie" is my grandmother. the family moved to the Alpena area of arkansas in 1888 where they all lived the rest of thier lives. Effie married John Burnette - both are interred in the Hilltop community cemetary. Wilbur and Mabel, neither ever married. They are interred at the Alpena cemetary - I am not cetrain of the name.

Very interested in what happened to Issac and Hester "annie". I have been told that the children were raised by an aunt, but have not really confirmed that.

THANKS

Isaac Bellamy, son of James Morris Bellamy

Posted: 17 Jun 2005 11:21AM GMT
Bible record confirms Isaac as a son of James M. Bellamy. Isaac and Hester seen to have died between 1860 and 1870. Mary Elizabeth Bellamy, a sister to Isaac who never married raised the children. Don't think there is a document showing what actually happened to either Isaac or Hester.

Posted: 17 Jun 2005 3:02PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2006 8:04PM GMT
Could you give me the death dates for Wilbur and Mabel Bellamy ??? Also do you have the children and dates for Effie Bellamy who married John Burnette ???
Thanks

Jerry (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2005 5:33PM GMT
I sent an email to my mother asking for that data, and will post when I get. She is traveling to one of her granddaughters AF commissioning this week so probably will not be able to until week of 27th June

Jerry (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2005 6:18PM GMT
http://www.rootsweb.com/~arboone/hilltop.html

Link to the Hilltop Arkansas cemetary. My grandmother is 129 under Flannigan as she remarried after John F. Burnette (My grandfather) passed on in 1944.

Note the 3 Bellamy infants that died at birth or very young. My grandmother spoke of Pearl but not the others (maybe she was to young at the time to comprehend)

Posted: 23 Jun 2005 4:57AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2006 8:04PM GMT
You can email me direct and I can get my other Bellamy friends here in town to help me with a correct reply.
My email address is:
epwp@chartertn.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions