Search for content in message boards

Hoxeyville, MI. Cemetery?

Hoxeyville Cemt.

Posted: 18 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 12:09PM GMT
Surnames: Chidester
Hi Linda, Yes there is a cemetery near Hoxeyville, MI. It is called Banker Cemt. I have an index for the cemetery and the following are listed in it. Hope this helps you somewhat.

Alice I. Chidester
Clara Lois Chidester
Clarence Auston Chidester
Elizabeth N. Chidester
Jack D. Chidester
Lynn F. Chidester

This is not my line but I wish you the best of luck.

Sue

Hoxeyville, MI. Cemetery?

Posted: 18 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2005 1:01PM GMT
Surnames: CHIDESTER
Am looking for the death and burial sites of HENRY F. CHIDESTER, 1818-1883. Is reported buried in Starke Co. Indiana. Nancy Elizabeth Jackson Chidester is reported to have died in Hoxeyville, Wexford County, MI in 1918. Is there a cemetery there now? Children of Henry and Elizabeth Chidester were: John Madole Chidester, b. 1863, Ill; Thomas Noah Chidester, b. 1865, Ill; Sarah Jane Chidester, b. 1869, MO; (Possible twin girl, Josie Chidester, b. 1869, KS); Bartholow Chidester, b. 1872, KS;
Clarence Chidester, b. 1876, Ohio; Ulysses Chidester, b. 1878, Ohio; Amos Chidester, b. 1880, Indiana. Have old correspondence from the grandson of Thomas Noah to an uncle of mine, also reference to Amos owning property of 160 acres in Northern Michigan. Would love to find distant cousins. E-mail me at lstorm1@juno.com (that's LSTORM ONE)

Thank you so much

Posted: 19 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2001 8:11PM GMT
Thank you for the response and for the list of Chidesters in Hoxeyville, Wexford Co. MI. Elizabeth Nancy is my gggf's second wife. I had just been told she did not die in Michigan, but I kind of think she did now. Thanx again. If you need any look ups in Missouri, let me know. You're a blessing....Linda lstorm1@juno.com

Banker Cem near Hoxeyville

Posted: 19 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Sue, will address this to you, but is there anyone with an index to this cemetery in Wexford Co., Mi. that includes transcription of the tombstone dates. It would be a wonderful project for someone. Thanks, Sue or anyone else who might help. Let me know if you all need any help from an Ozarks hillbilly.....God bless y'all. Linda

Chidester

Posted: 20 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Linda, Do you have any possible dates for Elizabeth or any of the others that I listed that you need more on? Birth or death would be helpful. Sue

Chidester

Posted: 20 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hi Linda, I see your posting and I recieved Barbara's e-mail. I will see what I can do. It is gonna take some time as I do not get in that "neck of the woods" very often. So bear with me. Possible someone else on here can help you sooner than I can. One place to look for pictures of the stones is at

www.genealogy.com/vcem_welcome.html

It is where pictures and info are posted.

Hope this helps.
Sue
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Dear Dick, What a kind and gracious offer. If you happen to run across any Chidesters, could you please jot down any relevant info? Elizabeth Nancy Chidester b.1842/d. 1918 bd. Hoxeyville, Bankers Cem., Wexford Co. Mi.; Clarence Auston Chidester, b. 1876/ d________? bd Hoxeyville; Alice I. Chidester, b._______/d.__________ bd. Hoxeyville. Others in that cemetery that I do not know any relation are Clara Lois Chidester, Jack D. Chidester, and Lynn F. Chidester. Any thing you find would be a real blessing to me. Y'all have a good day and thanks so much.....Linda Storm

Bankers Cemetery/Wexford County

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2004 11:47PM GMT
Hi Linda. I am planning to be in the Wexford County Courthouse during the week of August 7, doing my own lookups on the BETTS/HAMLETT families. If I have the time, do you want me to verify any persons/dates?

Dick

Banker Cemetery

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2002 12:16AM GMT
Hi Linda,
I am a member of the Cadillac Area Geneological Society and Hoxeyville is in our area. I will try to find out what is on the stone. We have books on all the Cemeteries in Wexford County. check out our web site. Http://znap.to/genealogy

missing grave

Posted: 26 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2005 1:02PM GMT
Surnames: McNees, Stanley, Marlatt
Hi Marilyn,
I saw your posting above about being a member of the Cadliac Genealogy Society and having listings for graves in Wexford county. I have been looking for the grave of my little brother. He died in 1915 in Wexford County. I believe around Buckley. He lived less than a month.Do you think you would have any idea of how I can find his grave. I have written to the court house,but they say they have no record.The only information I have is from my mothers hand written information in her bible.It states he died in Buckley.I would appreciate any help you might be. Thanks for your time,Wilma
His name was James L (Lynly I believe)McNees.Our parents were Ernest B. and Goldie P (Stanley) Marlatt McNees.
goodrich@btc-bci.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions