Search for content in message boards

John Kyle & Caroly Kayline Willingham

John Kyle & Caroly Kayline Willingham

Posted: 1 Jun 2002 3:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for info on John kyle Willingham married Caroline Kayline Nichols. Walton co Ga 1839
His children :
Mary m john Hardy
Elizabeht(Lizzie)
Amey Willingham m George Strickland
PM
William Thomas M Rosa Cash
"NET" EJ Willingham
Henry Russel M France Lear Brooks
Marthat c m Henry Griffen
John B n Mary Griffen

Need info to tracce back to SC.
I think his father or gr father may have been William Thomas

Would love to share info. Have some great photo.

thanks for any help

Karen

Re: John Kyle & Caroly Kayline Willingham

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 4:14AM GMT
Karen: My GG Grandmother was Maude Willingham Cash --so I am related 2 ways -- 2 of my GG Grandfathers sisters were married to Willinghams. You said you had some pictures. Any chance of getting some copies through e-mail?

Thanks,

Becky Marsh

Karen Willingham (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2002 1:27PM GMT
marsha,
Right now I do not have a scanner that is working. I will try to get my sister in law to do them for me.

Who are you looking for? Where would we fit in to the same line? I am not to quick to have time to put entire lines on the
inter net. Have a family file right now with problem 300 plus names. If you would like to have this I would be glad to share.

What area are you from?

I am in NW GA Rome area.

We just had a family reunion last Sunday. We had 84 people from all parts of Ga and Tenn.
Would love to have you ther enext year. always the first Sunday in June same location. Sloppy Flyod State Park, Hwy 27 N Summerville, Ga

Let me know what I can assist you with.

Always love to find new realtives.

Karen

Becky M (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2002 5:39PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2005 11:33AM GMT
Surnames: Willlingham
Karen : thank you for writing back. My G Grandmother was the daughter of William Thomas "Bud" Willingham. Finding John Kyle Willingham's parents has proved daunting at best. We probablyneed tpo look at probate and land records but at the time I tried they would not allow LDS to send Sc info.
I would love to exchange info with you. Also, Who's pictures do you have? I have some picts of the AMI Cemetery where most of them are buried.

Ruben McCullers (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2002 12:57PM GMT
I have information that indicates that John's parents were William Brooks Willingham (b. 1775) and Mary Moon which he married in 1794. His siblings are Raleigh Willingham (1795), Lucretia (1803), William B. (1806), Mary L. (1808), Penelope (1811), Lucia (1812), and Rachael (1820).

b marsh (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2002 5:33PM GMT
Thank you Rubin. Can you give me the sorces for this info? Thanks again.

Ruben McCullers (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2002 2:10PM GMT
Becky, Sorry I forgot to enclose the source. The source of this information is Mary Leeg Jankowski, Willingham Genealogy Data, (http://geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/2070). I have not confirmed the information. If you do confirm the information, I would like to know Mary's source also.

Posted: 1 Oct 2002 1:27AM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2003 2:58AM GMT
Hi Karen, I'm a distant Willingham cousin of yours, too.
My gr-gr-gr-grandfather was Raleigh (or Rolly ) S. Willingham, brother to your John Kyle.
Their father, William B. Willingham died about 1836 Walton Co, GA. He didn't leave a Will that we have found as yet, but we have found some "Auction Papers" where they were selling off his property to settle his estate & other Court Records.
My gr-greatfather was named JOHN KYLE WILLINGHAM, too. His father was William B. Willingham b: 1830 d: 1862 Fredericksburg, VA during the Civil War. Wm. B. Willingham's FATHER was RALEIGH S. WILLINGHAM.
I have packed up all of my genealogy papers in preparatiion of a move, which I will do in less than 2 weeks.
Would be neat to see your Willingham photo's, too.

Peggy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic