Search for content in message boards

Samuel Islip or Frances Peach (Newbiggin)

Samuel Islip or Frances Peach (Newbiggin)

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 8:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Oct 2002 1:31PM GMT
The above are family who settled in Australia. Does anyone recognise the names?????

Re: Samuel Islip or Frances Peach (Newbiggin)

Julia Peach (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 9:28PM GMT
Hi, My name is Julia Peach. I have no idea if this would help but my father told me I have a cousin in Australia. Hope I can help, Julia.

Posted: 8 Sep 2001 10:38AM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2002 1:31PM GMT
William ISLIP married Elizabeth ?, and when she died he married Ann Pickering. (Bedfordshire, ENGLAND)

Together William ISLIP and Ann had
Henry, Kate, Walter, Samuel, William, Tom, Richard, Mary and Ann.

This Ann (ISLIP) married Conyers PEACH, and they had 3 children - Conyers, Constance and Frances. They went to live in Australia. Ann and Conyers may have come back to England but they left their children there.

Conyers Peach (the younger) I know nothing of, Constance died, and Frances married Thomas Newbiggin and may have settled in New Zealand, but that is not definite.

These guys are not in the direct line I am tracing but would be interested to add them in to my tree if I can.

Does any of this ring any bells with you??

Sally Carr (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2004 12:06PM GMT
Hello to Phillipa Bettle, my name is Sally Carr and I live in Melbourne, Australia. Conyers Peach, the son of Ann (Islip) and
Conyers Peach was my great grandfather. Ann and Conyers migrated to New Zealand, not Australia. Frances was the oldest child, never married. Constance was the next oldest and she married Thomas Newbiggin. My great grandfather, Conyers
was the youngest - he married Ada Bowlker (from Wales) in Auckland, New Zealand. They had 5 children, Mary 1894,
Winifred 1896 (my grandmother), Conyers, Dorothy, Nancy.
My great grandfather, Conyers Peach went to Uppingham
School in Rutland and then to Oakham. We are trying to find
out what years he was at Uppingham School.
My grandmother, Winifred Peach married Samuel Darlow in
New Plymouth, New Zealand in 1918. They had 3 children,
Margaret 1919, Kathleen 1922 and Robert 1923.
My mother, Kathleen Darlow married John Carr (from Patearoa,
Central Otago, New Zealand) in Auckland in 1947. They have
4 children, Alistair ( born Boston, U.S.A.)1949, Sally (born
Henley-on Thames, Berkshire, England)1951, David (born Melbourne, Australia 1953 and Louise (born Melbourne, Australia
1956).
Does anyone know of a Mollie Islip from England, who died in the
last 30 years, unmarried, who actually did our family tree, but we
cannot locate it? Can anyone help ??????

Posted: 5 Jul 2007 1:25AM GMT
Surnames: Conyers Peach
Hi Sally

My gr gr grandad Dixon Peach is the twin brother of Conyers Peach. I have his family tree and have been in touch with Vicki Newbiggen who comes down from Constance. I have the tree going back to 1703 in Stoke Dry England.I have been trying to get all peachs who came over to NZ Have Dixon and Conyers brothers Arthur and Frederick. Conyers originally came over on the Cressy one of the first four ships into Christchurch his name is on a plaque in the Cathedral square. He returned to England where he met Ann Pickering Islip and three kids then returned to NZ.He died in 1916 in Christchurch. Mollie I believe was from Napier/hastings. Would love to hear more.

Carolyn

Posted: 7 Mar 2012 11:19AM GMT
Hello Sally - are you still on here?? Its has been ages since I looked at this so I hope this reaches you. Thanks for the information. I dont know Mollie but I do have some info on the Islips family tree - if you are still about email me on philly0611@hotmail.com and I will see what I can find - from Philly (was Philly Bettle, and Tucker, now

Posted: 2 Jul 2012 12:07PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2012 12:11PM GMT
Hi Sally

Did you ever have any luck at tracking down cousin Molly's family tree ? I remember visiting her in 1978 in England and she rolled it out to show me. I covered the length of her hallway. I'd hate to think it has been lost. I do have a contact in England who was trying to track it down but I don't know if she has had any luck.

Bronwyn Collier (nee Jones, Judith Jones, nee Frazer's daughter, Winifred (Kathleen's cousin)Frazer nee Newbiggin's Granddaughter). I met you when I was quite young.

Posted: 2 Jul 2012 12:08PM GMT
I suspect you have a lot of cousins in Australia and New Zealand.

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 10:36PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: PEACH
Conyers PEACH is buried in Linwood Cemetery, Christchurch, NZ Block 47 Plot 118. We can help interested people locate his grave plot. The headstone was badly damaged in the February 2011 earthquake. It is the family's responsibility to carry out repairs on a grave plot in a Christchurch Public Cemetery.

The Friends of Linwood Cemetery - www.linwoodcemetery.org.nz
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions