Search for content in message boards

Caskieben Johnston Family

Caskieben Johnston Family

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 6:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jan 2003 5:48AM GMT
Surnames: Johnston
I am looking for a person who is known to be connected to the Caskieben family of Aberdeen, Scotland. Please contact me. We are doing a DNA study on this family.
Suzanne Johnston

Re: Caskieben Johnston Family

Posted: 9 Mar 2002 2:22AM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2002 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: Johnstons of Caroline and Isle of Wight Co., VA
Suzanne:
If you the same Suzanne who knew Dr. LVJ personally,
you already know who I am.

I am much interested in finding a person in Scotland from that family. There are also direct descendants in Mobile Alabama, I think.

Still have no idea which family either of my Johnston lines comes from.

Posted: 11 Mar 2002 11:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2003 5:48AM GMT
Beverly, I am the same Suzanne. Let me know what you are looking for, perhaps I can help.
Suzanne

Dan Johnston (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2002 3:56AM GMT
Suzanne,

According to the book that LVJ wrote, my line supposedly comes from the Johnston's of Caskieben. Would like to know more about what you're looking for.

Dan Johnston

Re: Caskieben Johnston Family - George JOHNSTON b. 1593

Posted: 27 Apr 2002 7:50PM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2005 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: Johnston, Gordon
How extensive a research net? My indications are George Johnston (b.1593) and forbears at Caskieben, his son, Arthur Johnston (1587-1641), his son, Edward (b. Caskieben ca 1640) Johnston who became Johnson by the time he married Barbara Gordon (1677) in New Kent County, Virginia. His son, Arthur (1691-1759) is considered a patriarch of my line of Johnsons.

Charlotte Smith (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2002 1:05PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2002 5:50AM GMT
Surnames: Johnston, deJohnston
What exactly are you looking for? I am descended from the Caskieben Johnston's going back to Gilbert deJohnston and beyond. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Re: Caskieben Johnston Family - George JOHNSTON b. 1593

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 8:50PM GMT
Did Edward have a son named Benjamin (1701). Some research says yes but not all list him. I also have found on place where Benjamin's father is listed as James Johnson (1650-1716 son of Lird Thomas Johston of Craig also in the Caskiben line. Help is you can
thanks, judy

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 6:56PM GMT
My family is said to be linked to the caskieben line. I have grave doubts about this. We are well documented to one Thomas Johnson born ca 1742-50 & confirmed death in 1828 & was buried at the mouth of long fork in letcher county, kentucky. We are R-L21+, DF13 plus. Can you give me the haplogroup for the caskieben line? We have been searching for Thomas's father for forty years with thousands of hours of research & turned up nothing. Thomas was loyalist & fought at king's mountain. Thanks.

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 2:10PM GMT
Surnames: Johnston ; Johnson
My Johns(t)on line is also supposed to be from the Caskiben line. A few years ago, I was in touch with the late Randy McConnell, who did a lot of research on this Johns(t)on line, though he was never able to actually do research IN Scotland. He shared his research online, and I was able to download it---with his permission.

My Johns(t)on line came to VA, then to NC, then on to ? (KY?) --and then to Maury Co., TN. From there, they continued west and lived for some time in the area of Nixa, MO, now located within Christian Co., MO.

For a few years now, I have searched for a living Johns(t)on relative willing to take a genetic genealogy DNA test, via FamilyTreeDNA.com. No luck. (My great-grandmother--who I never met--was a Johns(t)on. She had sons, but our branch has lost track of them some time after they spread out to KS and OK, post-1875 KS census.)

Do you know where you Thomas Johns(t)on was born? Who his parents were? Any other details that would make it more likely that we might be a match?

Nicholas

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 5:23PM GMT
The first record we have of Thomas is in surrey county NC. We have been trying to ascertain where he was born & precisely when for over 40 years. The earliest records we have are in rowan county NC. After the revolution, like all loyalists he was fleeing for safety. He went NC to Tennessee to virginia & then kentucky. His son Thomas jr ended in breathitt county ky. My father was born no more than 2 miles from the virginia border. We have no idea who his parents are.
We did the DNA through FTDNA & on the JJJ project sight I and a distant cousin are the only matches & have our own category : R1bq2.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions