Search for content in message boards

Wood family of Pittsburgh, PA

Wood family of Pittsburgh, PA

Posted: 8 Dec 2000 12:14PM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2004 9:43PM GMT
Looking for any information regarding my grandfather's family. Grandfather: Charles William Wood (b. 1 April 1918 in Pittsburgh, PA - d. 7 Sept 1989 in Valrico, FL) son of Charles Wesley Wood and Birdie Fielding. Two brothers, John and Robert, two sisters, Mabel and Marian. I don't know anything else about his family. He married Elizabeth Jane Pfiffer (b. 12 April 1922 in Pittsburgh, PA)in 1943 and they had five children, one of whom is my father, Douglas Charles. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Charles Wood family of Pittsburgh, PA

Jan (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2002 3:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WOOD
Kelley,
What did you want to know about Charles & his wife?
They lived 2 doors away from us when I was a child, on Gass Avenue, the North side of Pittsburgh. I used to visit them as a child. Betty's parents lived fairly close by. They lived on Shadeland Avenue, just across the Shadeland Avenue bridge.
I believe I have been in touch with your brother(?) about them, probably about a year ago. Charles (we called him CHUCK), must have been a member of the McClure Avenue Presbyterian Church because I recently saw an old photo of him in an old group picture at church. It looked like it was from the late 30's. You can email me at Jan82942@aol.com

Re: Wood family of Pittsburgh, PA

Posted: 6 Mar 2004 11:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am still looking for any information on Charles' siblings, Mabel A. (born 1902) John Devano (born 07 January 1904 - died 18 April 1991) Robert W. (born 1913) and Marian C. (born 1916). If anyine has any ifno I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Kelley Wood
Fullerton, California
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions