Search for content in message boards

Halveda

Halveda

Catherine (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2005 12:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Has anyone ever heard of a place called "Halveda"? Is it a town or a country? Is it in Germany or Holland? Is it another name for a place? I'm at a loss..

Re: Halverde, Westphalia, Prussia, Germany

Robert T. (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2005 3:50PM GMT
Catherine, there is no such place as "Halveda". The only place I know of that closely resembles that is a village called Halverde. Halverde is located in the northernmost part of what was until 1945 the Prussian province of Westphalia (in German: Westfalen). Halverde is about 35 miles directly north of the city of Münster, Westphalia's former capital.

Following World War II and the break-up of the huge state of Prussia (in German: Preussen; capital: Berlin), the northern half of the Prussian Rhineland or Rhine Province (capital: Koblenz), the Prussian province of Westphalia, and the very small state of Lippe (capital: Detmold) combined to form today's German state of North Rhine-Westphalia (in German: Nordrhein-Westfalen), with the city of Düsseldorf in the Rhineland as its capital.

Halverde is no longer an independent village. Halverde is now part of the town of Hopsten. Hopsten is a town of about 8000 people, of whom about 1200 live in Halverde.

Robert

Catherine (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2005 3:53PM GMT
Thank you Robert. That explains why nobody ever heard of it. It sounds like that might be what it is because it's in the right place.

Evelyn Martin (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2006 5:11PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2006 8:16PM GMT
Hello Catherine,
My paternal ancestors all came from the Hopsten-Halverde area. I've microfilm at my local LDS center. Wondering what surnames you are searching for? Would gladly help if possible.
Evelyn

Posted: 17 May 2013 4:12AM GMT
Surnames: Hegge
Hi Evelyn, Are you active in ancestry research these days. I am looking for Brendt Jacob Hegge's ancestors (b 24 Apr 1718 Halverde) my 6th maternal great grandfather. Regards, John Gregory Dearwater.

Posted: 17 May 2013 12:07PM GMT
Hello John, I'm more active via computer nowadays do to disabilaty. Have you checked "FamilySearch" they have a lot of info for Hopsten/Halverde. You have his birthdate, what else would you like? I know stupid question. You want anything you can get your hands on. email martinevy@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions