Search for content in message boards

Mary and Bethany Scott, daughters of Nehemiah

Mary and Bethany Scott, daughters of Nehemiah

Daisy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2000 6:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: Scott, McGee
Tracing my family history and am looking for any info on Mary Scott(D MS 1832) who married Jacob Magee and Bethany Scott (b:1766 d:1825) who married John Magee. Both were dgtrs of Nehemiah Scott of Sampson Co., NC.(wife's name Elizabeth). Please contact me at daisy.sharp@att.net Thanks

Nehemiah Scott

Posted: 16 Dec 2000 5:53PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 9:35PM GMT
I have A

I have a Neremiah Scott I am trying to find info about. He was the father of my g-grandmother. She was b in S.C. or Tenn. I found him in the Texas census in abt 1880 living in the household of his son. If we can connect maybe we can help each other.db

Nehemiah Scott

Daisy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2000 8:42AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 9:36PM GMT
Dean, OK, you got my attention :)
all I got was "I have a". The whole message did not come through.
Please try again, I'm really interested in what you have.
Thanks
Daisy

Nehemiah Scott

Posted: 21 Dec 2000 11:55AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 9:36PM GMT
I have a Nehemiah Scott[not proven]I think maybe he is my gggrandfather. In Hunt co.Tx. census, living in the household of his son.My ggrandmother was Cassandra Scott. She married John A.Askey.Probably in Hunt Co.The family lore is that her father married the 2nd time and had another family. 22 children total. Does this sound familiar? Cassandra was a child of the first marriage. Help! I can't get farther.

Nehemiah Scott

Daisy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 1:53PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 9:37PM GMT
Sorry Dean, doesn't sound like the same group. My Nehemiah was married to an Elizabeth and their daughter was Mary Scott who married Jacob Magee. OF course, that's all I have on him except that his father was Joseph. SO there's no definite proof that it's not the same one. Only further research will verify it.

Nehemiah Scott

Posted: 24 Dec 2000 4:35PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 9:37PM GMT
Daisy, thanks for the reply. I have no idea where to go. Maybe something will jump up. On I go. db

Re: Mary and Bethany Scott, daughters of Nehemiah

Dianne Boren (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 2:46AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 9:41PM GMT
Surnames: Scott
I think I have your Nehemiah Scott. He is my gggrandfather. My records show he was born in North Carolina about 1784. He married (1st) Christiana Williams (before 1808) in Tennessee. His first family was there. I am descended from his daughter Sarah Scott, who was born about 1808 in Tennessee. His other children (that I know of) are: Tennessee Lenora, William, John, Elizabeth, Cassandra, Jannett, Susannah, and Joseph. I then found him on a 1860 Texas census (Lamar County) with a wife named Sarah -born about 1817- (and younger than his daughter Sarah) with these children living at home: Ester -born 1834, Daniel - b. 1837, Samuel - b. 1840, Alfred, b. 1840, Thomas - b. 1842, Benjamin - b. 1854, Robert - b. 1858, and Telitha - b. 1859. Does this sound like your ancestor? If so, I'd love to compare notes. Even though Sarah and her family stayed behind in Tennessee, her son came to Texas in his early 20's as a circuit riding Methodist minister. I hope to hear from you.

Dianne Boren (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 3:11AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Drake
Hi, Daisy,
I'm just wondering if you Nehemiah Scott (father of your Mary Scott) in North Carolina, might also be the father of another Nehemiah Scott (born 1784 in North Carolina). Even though Scott is a fairly common name, Nehemiah Scott is not -- and they are in the same state at roughly the same time. Do you have any kind of listing of your Nehemiah Scottt's children? I hope to hear from you.

Daisy (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 4:21AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 9:47PM GMT
Sorry, but I don't think it's the same one. My Nehemiah was probably born in Sampson, NCin the 1700's and died abt 1800 in SC. His wife was Elizabeth and I know of 2 dgtrs Mary (married Jacob Magee) and Bethany (married John Magee) or so I've been told.
Thanks for trying though.

Re: Mary Bethany Scott, dgts of Nehemiah

Daisy (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 4:27AM GMT
I believe he might have because he's listed as Sr. in one of my notes. Are you saying that my Nehemiah was married prior to his marriage to Elizabeth? She's the only marriage I show for him (so far).
I'm a bit sketcy on the info on this family so far, as I've been working on one of my others (Pigott) for a while and haven't spent much time on Magee, yet, due to the info I got on the Pigotts. I hope to be finished it (Pigott) soon so I can start on Magee again.
Are you related to any Magee's? Pigotts? Fortenbverry? Hall? Simmons? (I have lots of other names as well.)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions