Search for content in message boards

Joshua Simpson

Joshua Simpson

Posted: 24 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 10:31AM GMT
Surnames: SIMPSON
Joshua White Simpson b Oct.21,1771,son of Reuben and Sarah(Sherrill)Simpson, m. _ Portman(NC).Joshua is found in the 1810 census, Wayne Co., also signed Petition for a Magistrate, dated about 1810. I believe this Joshua Simpson to be the father of Sarah Simpson m. 1831, John Ramsey,Jr. No definite connection between the two, but Sarah named her second son, Joshua.In Clarissa Smart's book The Vickerys of Wayne Co., Ky, Book II Related Families, suggests Sarah was probably the granddaughter of Reuben Simpson. Give me facts or feedback. Thanks.

Re: Joshua Simpson

Posted: 22 Apr 2005 12:18AM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2005 8:56AM GMT
Surnames: SIMPSON/RAMSEY
Chris: Did you ever find your Ramsey family? If not let me know because I think I found them. Richard Ramsey b 7-13-1813 in Wayne Co KY. Mar Sarah Rector b 2-18-1814. Could these be the ones you are looking for? Patsy

Posted: 22 Apr 2005 8:23PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2006 2:21PM GMT
Dear Patsy: I was looking for the father of Sara Simpson (she was the wife of John Ramsey, Jr.) Researchers have not been able to find out who her father was. I thought it likely that Joshua Simpson was her father. However, I have never found a way to prove that. John Ramsey, Jr. and Richard Ramsey were brothers.

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 2:48PM GMT
Chris: Ruth Ann Simpson that mar Samuel Rector was the dau of Reuben and Sarah Sherrill. Ruth Anns dau Sarah b 1814 mar Richard Ramsey b 1813 in 1833. The Ramsey family came to Wayne Co. KY about 1816-17. The Richard Ramsey there is the son of John, (Thomas Jr, Thomas Sr.) If you want to e-mail me I can share what I have. I did have your e-mail address but couldn't find it. Let me know what you need? Okay. Patsy

Posted: 10 Jun 2005 1:46AM GMT
Richard Ramsey and John Ramsey Jr. are brothers

mickey ramsey

Posted: 10 Jun 2005 1:49AM GMT
Patsy,
I would like to hear any information you have on the entire family. I have quite a bit, but I'm sure there is more out there.
Richard and Sarah Ramsey are my ggg grandparents.

Thank you
mickey ramsey

Re: Re: Joshua Simpson

Posted: 10 Jun 2005 3:33PM GMT
Hi Mickey: The information that I have on the Ramsey family in Wayne Co comes from a book written by Betty Tuttle. Not much on them but she says that the first Ramsey recorded in Wayne Co KY was John who was the father of Richard and that Thomas was most likely the father of John. I am not sure who Sara Simpson's father was. The Christine Bramstedt that answered my other querry is from the same line that you are. Why don't you get in touch with her? I would hate to give you any bad information. Good luck! Patsy

Meg Ware (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2005 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: Ramsey, Simpson
Hi Patsy,
Do you have proof that John Ramsey's father is Thomas or is that simply from the family tradition reported by Betty Tuttle? So far I have not found any written info on this. My husband is descended from Richard Ramsey and Sarah Rector.
Meg

Posted: 7 Jul 2005 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: Simpson
Just going by what was published in Betty's book. Sorry, I can't help any more. I am re-thinking Joshua' lineage even now. It seems as though he travelled with Robert, Ellis and Gabriel Simpson to IL and MO. They are sons of William and he is from the Simpson clan from VA and Warren Co KY. So am wondering how they all fit together. Patsy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions