Search for content in message boards

Andersen, Swansen

Andersen, Swansen

Posted: 2 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 6:14AM GMT
Surnames: Swanson, Anderson, Andersen, Swansen
I am trying to trace my father's ancesters. Severt Swanson (sen) was born oct 1866 moved to Washburn, Wi. Married Clara Erickson. His father was Ingebright Swensen. Mother Karen. Clara's father was Ole Erickson, wife Elizabet. Severt's son Emerald Swanson married Jennie Anderson. Her father was Andrew Robert Anderson from Rognes, Støren parish, Norway. His father was Andres Andersen, mother Ingelborg Rolfsdatter.

Response

Linda Schwartz (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT

Since you don't have any details yet, I suggest you check out this web site for ideas on how to proceed:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~wgnorway/rtips.htm

Look for clues in documents that are listed on that web site (vital records, church, emigration, naturalization, etc.) You need to know more - like where he came from or was born, his "real" name, etc. You'll find that through some sources in U.S. records - it may take some digging, but I'm sure you'll find it rewarding. Exhaust the U.S. sources before trying to find anything in Norway.

As I indicated earlier, I found information on Severt's son's wife and her ancestors. But it's impossible to match up Severt Swanson/Swensen, b. 1866 somewhere in Norway. Keep in mind that his name in Norway probably was not Swansen or Swensen ... and in fact, if his father's name was Ingebright, his name was probably Severt Ingebrightsen from ?? farm. And based on the father's name, his grandfather would have been named Sven (xx-sen) (farmname). The surname they used changed every time they moved to a different farm. If you look over the information I gave you about the Rognes family, you'll see that Anders Andersen Rognes, b. 1822 was originally called Anders Andersen Soknes, because he was born at Soknes. I know that if I look up the Soknes farms, I will probably find more family history about Anders Andersen there. (And I can tell that his father was named Anders too.)

Hope this is of some help.
Linda

Severt Swanson

Edited: 23 Jun 2001 6:14AM GMT
Surnames: Swanson, Swansen, Swensen
The information I have about Severt Swanson. He was born October 1866 in Norway. His father is Ingebright Swensen born in Norway. Wife I have listed as Karen.
Severt emigrated to the America. I don't much else.

Please provide more info

Linda Schwartz, norway webmaster (View posts)
Can you provide any more information about the persons you are seeking? Was Severt Swanson (sen) born in Wis or Norway? Place of origin? Birthdates? Norwegian names?

I have information about Rognes, Støren (Sor-Trondelag) farm families, including Anders Andersen Rognes, b. 1862 who emigrated to America. His parents: Anders Andersen Soknes, b. 1822 and d. 1897 at Rognes; m. 1854 to Ingeborg Rolfsdatter Rognes, b. 1827, d. 1907. (Støren Bd. 1, 360-361)

Ingeborg Rolfsdatter Rognes, b. 1827 was daughter of Rolf Olsen Rognes from Nordstu at Rognes. He was born 1792 and d. 1841; married in 1828 to Marit Eriksdatter Rogstad from Eriks-Stugu. She was b. 1799.

Linda

Re: Andersen, Swansen

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 5:20AM GMT
Surnames: Swanson, Swansen, Andersen, Erickson
Iam the great grandson of severt swanson

Posted: 28 Sep 2007 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: swansen, andersen
I am great granddaughter, would like to share information with you on Severt Swanson

Posted: 28 Sep 2007 4:19PM GMT
I am excited about this. I expect that others in the family would be interested also. I have not seen a Swanson relative in years. I am not sure how to get your e-mail address. I wish to know all to be known. I know not any relatives other than Sedohr and Orlands linage. I carry Orlands Linage alone. My step sister Marna (d) carries Sedohrs linage. We each has kids and grand kids.

Posted: 28 Sep 2007 4:52PM GMT
I have filled out a personal profile to help you know whom I am. I do not and am not sure how the site works yet. I am so close and do not want to get bounced. I will pass information to step sister Marna's (Sedohrs (d)step daughter). My ham call tells much about me. I would also like to know more of decendants of Severt. Orland (d) told me much when I was young. I am told that Severt is buried in Washburn with his wife. I remember this from my youth.

I wish that I could talk to you in person. There is so much...

I was afraid that you did not exist anymore since all that I saw ended in 2001.

I will need e-mail or other contact information

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 3:15AM GMT
contact me on my email address is uckermandi@hotmail.com so we can exchange information.

Severt Swanson passed away in 1933, his wife Clara in 1945 in Washburn Wisconsin, I am granddaughter of Emerald Swanson, My dad was Kenneth Swanson. There are many Swanson relative left in that area.

Re: Response

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 9:19PM GMT
Surnames: Sweensen, Fraanson, McDannald, Robbin
This post was deleted by the author on 19 Jul 2014 10:50PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic