Search for content in message boards

Picot Family, pre-1800, St. Malo

Picot Family, pre-1800, St. Malo

Posted: 26 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Oct 2001 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: Picot, Peyre, des Antoins, Joliff, Grout, Cochin, Pecot, de Boisfeuillet, Rolland
Looking for documentation about Michel-Marie Picot, born about1711, his 2nd wife, Francoise G. des Antoins, born about 1727. Son, Louis Picot de Boisfeuillet and wife Magdalene Peyre left France during the Revolution for West Indies and Georgia, USA. They may have returned to France and St. Malo.

Re: Picot Family, pre-1800, St. Malo

marcial chappell (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2001 3:43PM GMT
We are decended from a Picot line coming out of Vannes, France during the Revolution with my Picot ancestor, Julien Henri Picot, being Lafayette's army surgeon. He later settled in Plymouth N.C.and had one son, Peter Oliver Picot, who had one son who then had a bunch. Our Picot first names are Louis, Julien, Henri, Guy--typical. Do we connect in any way? Interestingly I recently spoke with a Dr. Picot from Washington DC who knew of my great grandfather Dr. Louis Julien Picot of NC. Are you from the Washington/Richmond Picot's?

Posted: 9 Aug 2001 9:17PM GMT
The only name might be Louis Picot d'Andelot de Boisfeuillet who fled to St. Domingue (Haiti) and Jamaica circa 1795. Then he and his wife, Madelaine Peyre, must have gone to Savannah, Georgia, USA as all 3 of their children were married there. They may have returned to France and died there. My direct line would be one of the daughters, Olive d'Andelot de Boisfeuillet who would marry Dr. Joseph Marie Fourmy in Savannah.
I see the name of Louis Picot de Bretagne in the birth certificate as a witness of one of the Boisfeuillet's who settled on Sapelo Island, Georgia. They all apparently dropped the surname of Picot and used the estate name while in the U.S. Ironically, Olive's granddaughter would marry a Pecot in Louisiana. Wonder what the connection is between Picot and Pecot? Pat in CA

Posted: 9 Aug 2001 9:20PM GMT
About your given name of Oliver. This goes back to the first known Oliver Picot circa 1400s. Pat

john (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2004 2:56AM GMT
EMAIL ME I am pretty sure we have some things in common.

john (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2004 3:01AM GMT
IF YOU GET ANY OF MY TWO MESSAGES PLEASE REPLY I AM SURE WE HAVE THINGS IN COMMON.

Posted: 10 May 2010 6:44PM GMT
We are also related to that family of Picot. I have alot of documentation that you may not have. Contact me at mcboif@verizon.net Thanks, Becky Boifeuillet

Posted: 10 May 2010 6:44PM GMT
We are also related to that family of Picot. I have alot of documentation that you may not have. Contact me at mcboif@verizon.net Thanks, Becky Boifeuillet

Posted: 2 Jul 2011 9:29PM GMT
Surnames: Picot de Pledran
I believe my direct ancestor was Jean-Marie Picot, born in 1735 who married Elisabeth-Charlotte-Gillette Loquet de Granville and who became the Seigneur of P'ledran. Jean-Marie was also the Seigneur of other estates in Brittany and had some land at Plessix. He and Elisabeth-Charlotte had four children, Michel-Jean, Comte de Picot, who married Amenaide de Fontenay , Charles-Michel, Baron Picot, who married Victoire de Houssaye; Charles-Cesar, Chevalier de Picot; and the youngest, Felix, who was baptised, like the others, in St Brieuc. Felix's baptism taking place in 1777. Felix became a Midshipman in the French Navy. Apparently, there were other relatives who served with distinction in the Navy. However, Felix was captured by the reconstituted Citizens Army in Haiti or what is now the Dominican Republic in 1794 but it appears he escaped their clutches at some point and reappeared in Jersey and eventually volunteered with two others persons, Yves Le Nouvelle and Pierre de Feret, for service on a British ship HMS Sylph which was recruiting in St Helier in early May 1803. Felix served on various other Royal Navy ships serving on the other side of the Atlantic at the Boston station until injured and treated in Halifax NS Naval Hospital and he futher recuperated (recorded in HMS Squirrel's ship's musters as "for a change of climate") at the farthest Atlantic station in Bermuda. Eventually HMS Squirell reurned to Portsmouth and was paid off and Felix left the Navy officially in 1810. However both Yves and Pierre escaped from HMS Sylph within a few months of joining. It is believed Pierre escaped to Avranches where he became a priest. What became of Yves is unknown but he was recorded in the ship's muster as Evelyn Nouvelle. What connection these two gentlemen had to Felix or what relationship they had to him, if any,is unknown.
Does anyone have any details about this branch of the Picot family?

Posted: 24 Sep 2011 12:34AM GMT
Surnames: Picot
Hi, My name is Chelsea Picot. My father's name was Julien Carlton Picot III, His father Julien Carlton Picot Jr, his father was Julian Carlton (or "Carleton") Picot. I am trying to find as much information as possible for my grandfather for Christmas. If you know anything about the Picot's please contact me! My email is cpicot@instantsystems.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions