Search for content in message boards

Thomas Humphreys Caswell city , NC.

Posted: 19 Mar 2001 8:29AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2001 10:49PM GMT
Looking for Thomas Humphreys-wife Margaret lived around Caswell City in 1824. son Jonathan married to Nancy Johnson and lived in Putman Co. In.

Humphreys, Thomas

Cindy (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2001 10:46AM GMT
In Humphreys book, it has Jonathan B. mrd. abt. 1815 to Nancy Johnson. Jonathan's father was John Humphreys, a native of NC.
Oldest child of Jonathan and Nancy was Deborah. Thomas B. born June 27, 1818 in IN. abt. 4 years later family moves to Putnam Co., IL. other children are Barbara A., Mary J. and Margaret B.
Jonathan died abt. 1832. Nancy died in 1838.
Thomas B. mrd. in 1842 to Rachel , daughter of Albert Cossart.

Posted: 1 May 2001 7:50PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2001 10:49PM GMT
Thank you for your help. Yes Thomas Married Nancy Johnson,and other childern match what I have, also their moving to In. then to Ill. Then I have a differenc. I have a letter written to Jonathan (in In.) in Aug 16,1824. Its starts out Dear son and talks of Thomas's uncle Colmore, and of his Aunt that is married to Wheeler Jones. The letter is signed your affectionate parents Thomas T. Humphreys ---Margart Humphreys

Re: Thomas Humphreys Caswell city , NC.

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 2:14AM GMT
Jonathan was married to Nancy __?__, per his 1832 Putnam co., IN probate record, which list the children in the previous reply. His daughter, Deborah then married Christopher Hepler 12-23-1838, Putnam co., IN. In 1850 this couple are listed on theClovrdale twp., Putnam co., IN census.
Thomas moved to Vermillion co., IL.. Per a Mrs. Opal Endicott, of Crawsfordville, IN, a granddaughter of Thomas, the family moved back to Montgomery co., IN.

Don Sturm

Posted: 29 Jul 2001 10:25PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2002 9:25PM GMT
I'm trying to locate a Nancy Humphreys who was married in Caswell County, NC, in 1830 to Andrew Sanders. Several Sanders families lived near a Thomas Humphreys according to the 1800 census. Does anyone know whether Thomas and Margaret had a daughter named Nancy? They moved to Graves Co., Ky.

CHARLES E. HUMPHREYS (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2001 2:30AM GMT
Surnames: humphreys
thomas & margaret did not have daughter name nancy.

i did find a nancy humphreys married 22 mar 1830 in caswell co., to andrew sanders it was on the family search internet genealogy service. it was on a film that has to be ordered. if you go to http//www.familysearch.org click on library then on history centers and fill in information it will tell you the closest center to you. contact the center and they can order the film for you for a small fee. the batch number of the film is 7609014
source call no. 1058305
i do not know what information is on the film, but there a chance that it might be helpfull

Re: Humphreys, Thomas

Posted: 17 Aug 2001 7:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Nov 2001 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: HUMPHREYS, JOHNSON, COSSART
I am a fellow descendent. I don't have a whole lot of information to share with you but I would love to hear from you.
Thank you!

Jerry Orr (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2002 5:58PM GMT
Who was the daughter of Thomas and Margaret Humphreys who married Wheeler Jones.

Posted: 27 Apr 2002 7:17PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2003 10:52PM GMT
Surnames: Humphreys, Nosler,
Thomas had a sister, Deborah, who married John Wheeler Jones. They were probably married near Prince Georges County, Md. There exists a deed of transfer of a slave from Sarah Talbert Humphreys to her daughter, Deborah in Fairfax County,Va. Listing Deborah as the wife of John Wheeler Jones.

Re: Humphreys, Thomas

Posted: 7 Aug 2002 1:24AM GMT
I'm running in circles in Putnam Co and hoping you can help. I'm researching David Humphreys, son of John, who married Rebecca Fullen in Monroe Co in 1830. David was living in Putnam Co while courting Rebecca and they settled in Putnam after the wedding.

Is there any chance that your Humphreys book has any information linking David to Thomas or any of the other Humphreys in the Putnam Co area? Any help is greatly appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic