I am particularly interested in
any who left ireland for
australia in late 1800's.
I think the family lived on Faye Way.
I appreciate any help.

Re: county cork, ireland

Posted: 18 Aug 2007 3:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
i dont know if we are connected, but i have a michael o'connell who was born 1862ish, in cork, came to usa with possible brother john in 1882. michael married bridget sweeney, and settled in the conn. area. hope this helps. i also have a pic of "uncle john". thanks t.c.

Posted: 23 Aug 2007 9:45AM GMT
Do you know where in Cork your O'Connell is from? My husband's grandmother was b. 1880's in Macroom, Co Cork, and came through Boston in 1907, ending up in Butte, Montana. Michelle

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 9:51AM GMT
Surnames: O'Connell, O'Callaghan, O'Grady
Hi there, I have O'Connell ancestors from County Cork.
Michael O'Connell-1. Born around 1820 (Occupation: Farmer)
He married : Honora O'Grady. They had 3 children that I know of. All of whom immigrated to Australia at different times (this is how I found them). I am pretty certain that Michael and Honora had other children but to date I can not find any connections. The first child I know of was Julia O'Connell she states on the birth records of her children that she was born at Bahena, County Cork. This is all the Irish info I have.

Followin is a list of Michael and Honora's offspring and thier spouces and children.

1. Julia O'Connell. She was born Bet. 1844–1846 in Bahena, County Cork, Ireland. She married Michael O'Callaghan on 03 Sep 1864 in Atleriyity, County Cork, Ireland. Immigration Abt. 1870 from Cork, Died 24 May 1922 in Boolite, Victoria,

2. Partick O'Connell. He was born Abt. 1847 in County Cork, Ireland. Immigration Abt. 1884. Occupation 1892 (Coach Driver). Died 05 Jul (Not Married stated on Death Certificate) Victoria, Australia

3. Jeremiah O'Connell. born c.1850 in County Cork, Ireland. Immigration 1872 . He married Mary Fitzgerald. on 14 Jan 1876 in St Patrick's, Stawell, He died on 21 Apr 1891 in East Melbourne

Generation 2

Julia O'Connell & Michael O'Callaghan. He was born Abt. 1846 in County Cork, Ireland. Michael O'Callaghan and Julia O'Connell. were married on 03 Sep 1864 in Atleriyity, County Cork, Ireland. They had 12 children.

The first two were born in Ireland

i. John O'Callaghan. He was born Feb 1860 in Cork, Ireland. His death on 17 Oct 1889 in, Never Married).
ii. Honora O'Callaghan. She was born 1865 in County Cork, Ireland. She married Michael Bergin. (No Children).
iii. Michael John O'Callaghan..
iv. Hannah Maria O'Callaghan.
v. Peter O'Callaghan.
vi. Dennis O'Callaghan
vii. William Patrick O'Callaghan
viii. Joseph Francis O'Callaghan.
ix. Julia Cecilia O'Callaghan..
x. Elizabeth Mary O'Callaghan.
xi. Daniel Charles O'Callaghan.
xii. Ellen Teresa O'Callaghan.

Jeremiah O'Connell. He was born 1850 in County Cork, Ireland. Immigration 1872 in Landed in Sydney He married Mary Fitzgerald (the daughter of Thomas Fitzgerald and Johana Tiby). Her birth on 08 Feb 1855 in Port Road, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia. Their marriage on 14 Jan 1876 in St Patrick's, Stawell, VIC]. They had 7 children, all born near Minyip, Victoria, Australia.

i. Michael John O'Connell.
ii. Gerald O'Connell
iii. Elizabeth Mary O'Connell.
iv. William Patrick O'Connell.
v. Thomas O'Connell
vi. Catherine Alice O'Connell
vii. Daniel O'Connell.

I'd love to hear from others who think there may be a connection.

Posted: 31 Oct 2008 8:58PM GMT
Timothy O'Connell b 1870 Cork County, Ireland
arrived in San Francisco, California abt 1892
married 1899 Mary Daly b 1876 Limerick County, Ireland
and that's all I know about this branch, though I would love to learn more.

Posted: 2 Nov 2008 7:17AM GMT
Surnames: O'Connell, O'Grady
Do you know where you Michael came from? My lot came from parish of Aghinagh, might have been a place called Beheena / Bahina. I'm looking for the names Michael, Jeremiah, Julia, William, Daniel, Patrick. My 2 x great grand father a Michael O'Connell married Honora O'Grady sometime in the 1830's or 40's

Cheers Jane O'Connell

Posted: 2 Nov 2008 2:29PM GMT
i dont know where michael came from. family story says only cork, but am now not even sure of that. i have verified info of michaels brother john, born 1840 kerry county, came to usa 1860's, first to washington,dc, and later to winsted , connecticut. there were 20 years difference in ages of john, b. 1840, and michael, born 1861, so have not discounted possibility of john born in kerry, and michael possibley cork.

Posted: 27 May 2014 3:47AM GMT
Hi,

My grandmother's fathers name was Timothy o'connell. According to my aunt he was from county cork and married a Mary (she thought that was the first name). Her last name was Vaughn and was also from county cork. She wasn't sure where they were married and didn't have birth dates. They had 8 kids-Ambrose,James, Timothy, Marie, Kathleen, Ann, Margaret (my grandmother), and Daniel.

Not sure if this is the same Timothy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions