Search for content in message boards

Sneed board administrator contact

Sneed board administrator contact

Posted: 13 Dec 2001 2:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jun 2006 4:51AM GMT
It has been brought to my attention that some are having trouble contacting me, I am the board administrator for this board. If anyone has a questions or needs some help, feel free to contact me at dcarnes1@woh.rr.com I will gladly help anyone that I can. Thanks, Dawn Carnes

Re: Sneed board administrator contact

Posted: 24 Sep 2002 6:01AM GMT
Edited: 16 Oct 2002 1:48AM GMT
Dear Dawn, I'm trying to find out more about my father John Olin Sneed born charlston s.c. Feb.9 1906 he never talked mutch about family , He has/had 3 other sons by previous marrage. They are Robert Sneed U.S.Army(ret.), Lamarr Sneed, and Snooks(nickname) I don't know his real name. Also 3 Girls 2 by marrage 1 adopted, one of the girls names is Sonia , don't know the other two names please let me know if you've heard anything about these people thanks John M. Sneed

Posted: 24 Sep 2002 10:40PM GMT
Hi John, let me see what I can find. I have heard the name of John Olin Sneed. Not sure which or where I heard it before but will see what I can find out for you. Dawn Carnes

Posted: 25 Sep 2002 2:03PM GMT
Dear Dawn, I know that he had brothers & sisters He was born in Charlston S.C. feb.9 1906 I don't know his parents names,or the names of his siblings I tried to run a check of birth records through this site and nothing came up. however I know that he did have a birth cert. I remember seeing it when I was younger. The Sneed Families in TN,KY,WV,V,NC,SC are possably all related,my father also said that our family originaly came from Germany,to England,Then to U.S.(Charlston SC). I'm currently tring to locate my half brother(the only one I have met),His name is robert (bobby) Sneed he was in the army when I was about 6 or 7 yrs. old I believe he had a son named Kevin or Calvin they lived in GA Possibly arround atlanta but not sure. Please check back if or when you hear something GRATEFULLY YOURS JOHN M. SNEED

Posted: 7 Oct 2002 12:12AM GMT
Hi John I have some information for you but don't know how much help it will be for you. After searching the census records for Charleston S.C. I found one entry for a family of Snead's that was from Germany. I believe this is the family you are looking for. Unfortunately, I can give you some info and hopefully you will be able to track it from there. I will continue to look and see if I can come up with anything for you. Here is the info that I found. 1900 Census records John H. Snead age 43 born Virginia, parents both born in Germany. John was born May 1857, wife is Anna E. born July 1858 age 41 born Virginia, her parents were born Father in Scotland, Mother in England. Children listed for them are: Daughters Maxine or Minnie (the name was difficult to read) born April 1881 age 19, Anne E born April of 1886 age 14, Lelia born August of 1888 age 11. Sons listed are James N. born Oct 1878 age 21, William born March 1883 age 17. They are listed in Ward 7 District 1 of Charleston county, Charleston South Carolina. In the 1810 census there is listed a John Henry Sneed age 50, Wife Anna E, age 48 Leila N. age 18 also living with them was a Edward W. Dobson age 32 and a Charles Dobson age 23 listed as boarders. Also listed is a J. Herbert Sneed age 29, wife Anne L age 24, J. Herbert
Jr age 7, Julia E age 5, William H age 3, and Langley age 2 months. I haven't found any other Snead/Sneed's listed as of yet. There are numerous census records to go through and I haven't made it all the way through them as of yet. Also in the 1820 Census records I find a Herbert Sneed age 41 wife Annie R. age 38, Julia E age 15, William H age 12, Walter R (could be a B also) age 9, Mildred A age 7, Annie age 6, John age 5, Florence age 3, Robert age 2, and a Benjamin age 6 months. Also listed seperately are John H Sneed age 61, Anna age 60. I do believe this is the same family that you are looking for. There are alot of Sneed/Snead's listed in the surrounding areas. I can post that information also if you think it will help you. Do you know when your John Olin moved from South Carolina and where he might have migrated too? Or any other siblings of his? I will be glad to help with as much as I can. Take care, Dawn Carnes

Posted: 7 Oct 2002 2:11PM GMT
Surnames: SNEED
Dawn, My father,John Olin Sneed, didn't talk about his family very much as they weren't close at all! He said that he didn't like any of them especialy his father!(I've heard stories that he,his father,stoled from him and so forth). The only thing I do know for sure is that he was born in Charleston S.C. in 1906. and that he had brothers & sisters thats about it! Is there any way to check the birth records for that year? Please let me know OK? P.S. He was also Married twice before he met my mother,one of his wives names was Modine or Maudine he has 4 or 5 other sons and 3 daughters plus 1 adopted daughter I believe her name is Sonia. Mabe this added info. may also help. as I know theres at least 9 to 10 children spread between the 3 marriges. THANKS JOHN...

Posted: 8 Oct 2002 1:13AM GMT
Jphn, yes it will help. Is your father still living? And where did he die at if deceased? i will try and see if I can find a birth certificate or at least a record of the birth. It would also help if you know where he married at the first time, second time and so forth. I will see what I can do. Won't be able to check for a few weeks though. I will be out of town after work tomorrow. Will get back to you on what else I can find. Dawn Carnes

Posted: 8 Oct 2002 4:48AM GMT
Dear Dawn, No my father died ,Jan.3 1993 in Miami,Fl. My mother has also passed, so any info. from my family would only come from me . I do know that he lived in missisippi when he was young. and that he was an apprentice at a mortuary. he was a practicing embalmer when the state first started to license embalmers his licence number was #6 whether there were 0's in front I don't know how many but he was the sixth licence holder in the state. He has also lived in Georgia where i'm not sure but I think it was around Atlanta. Well Please let me know when you get back,I'll be checking out a few things and may know more by then . HAVE A GOOD TRIP !! Thanks John...

Posted: 12 Oct 2002 12:29AM GMT
I noted a John Olin Sneed that is listed in the Ancestry.com social security death index. It lists his birth as Feb 10, 1906 in Georgia and death as Miami, Dade Co. Florida on Jan 4, 1993. Social security is listed as 256-10-4420. It is possible to print out a letter to the social security on this site. Also, have ran across another researcher who has listed this same person as his father. Name is Lucian Lamar Sneed born 2/18/1936 in Atlanta Ga. He lists his father as John Olin Sneed born 2/10/1906 being born in Atlanta Ga. Lists a John Alexander Sneed born 10/29/1880 in Lithia Springs Ga and died 6/15/1949 in Ben Hill Fulton co. Georgia. His father listed is John Jefferson Sneed born 4/23/1844 in Covington Newton Co. Georgia and died 8/21/1924 in Atlanta Fulton Co. Georgia. His father is James Charles Henry Sneed born 9/10/1819 in North Carolina and died 5/27/1898 in Henry Co. Georgia. If you would like to contact this person his email is either a 1(one) or the letter l (L), small caps, @mindspring.com His address is Lucian Lamar Sneed 1735 Mountainside Dr Cumming, Georgia 30040. It sounds like you both are looking for information on the same person. He may be able to help you. I will continue to look through the census records in Georgia, Mississippi, and in South Carolina. It is possible that the James he is stating lived in North Carolina is of the same family in Charleston, SC. It is worth a shot emailing him. Dawn

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 1:55PM GMT
My mother is one of John Olin Sneed's daughters. Her name is Kathy Sneed Carmichael. Her sister is Sonja Sneed Moore. I do not know anything about another daughter. Sonja & Kathy have a sister Peggy, but she had a different father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions