Search for content in message boards

Felix O'Hagan

Felix O'Hagan

Toni McDonald (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 4:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Jane and Elizabeth are both family names in my O'Hagan family who are mostly centered in Fernandina Beach, Florida. Do not know of Felix, but dates fit. O'Hagans from Armagh, also, still have family in Armagh city. O'Hagans ran many lighthouses on the east coast-Ponce Inlet and Fernandina, Florida and farther north, also.

Re: Felix O'Hagan

Posted: 25 Oct 2001 7:07PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2002 4:54AM GMT
A Felix O'Hagan can be found in the townland of Carrickbroad, 1911 census with his family - also O'Hagans in the Jonesboro/Forkhill (Slieve Gullion) area as early as 1850's - know of a Felix O'Hagan in the family of John O'Hagan and Margaret Hughes mid 1860's. Valerie

Posted: 30 Dec 2002 12:09PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2006 12:24PM GMT
My great, great grandfather was named Felix O'Hagan and family legend has it he came over from Armagh, went back for a bride and returned with her to start the American branch of the family.

I noted in your email that you know of current O'Hagan relatives residing in Armagh. Any chance they could give me some idea of how to go about trying to trace my family tree back to there?

Tom

Posted: 4 Feb 2003 11:11PM GMT
I Think this is my great grandfather, I'm origionally from Carrickbroad, have just started research, my maternal grandmother was Ohagan, my father being orphaned was taken back to carrickbroad in 1930's to the Ohagan family home where he still lives

Posted: 1 Apr 2009 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: Hughes,Doyle,Flynn,McHugh,Walsh,Neary,Ennis
Hello,
I am researching my Hughes family from Forkhill/Killevy and see you have a Margaret Hughes in the family. May I ask if you have found any records about her family? My hughes names are John, Patrick, James, Joseph, Mary poss Catherine. Also, were you able to locate any early baptism or marriage records from Churches in the area. My John b. abt 1815, Patrick b, 1845. Any information or suggestions would be very appreciated.
Thanks, Pat

Posted: 1 Apr 2009 9:11PM GMT
We would seem to have a connection - in that our Margaret Hughes born 1853 the youngest daughter of Bridget Hanratty and Patrick Hughes (s/o Patrick a heckler of Foyduff) married John O'Hagan. Margaret's siblings were Bridget, Annie & Mildred (all died within 1 week of age at the height of the potato famine), Michael b1840 (immigrated US), James 1842 (m) Susan Kelly and remained in Killevy, Ellen 1842 died unmarried, John 1844 (immigrated to NZ), Thomas 1849 (immigrated US), Patrick 1851 (m) Mary Marmion remained in Killevy, and of course Margaret with her marriage to John O'Hagan. If you think this family is yours I have amassed a several thousand soul family tree and may be able to help you further if you wish to contact me off the board vv.hughes@xtra.co.nz I might add that our Hughes are all green and smattering collections of records for the day are held in the Catholic archived in Armagh. Hope this helps, Valerie

Posted: 27 Aug 2011 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: O'Hagan, McVeigh, McVey, Hughes
My Greatgrandfather was Wilfred McVeigh (McVey) born in Caledon, county Tyrone Ireland in 1885. I have his and his siblings baptismal records. Their mother's name is Annie Teresa O'Hagan. I have not been able to find out much more about her. Her husband was John McVey. and on one baptismal record the sponsor is listed as Ellen Hughes. Seeing that your post mentioned O'hagan and Hughes -I was interested. I know that Wilfred had an uncle Frank O'Hagan in Kilkeel Co Down. I also know that both parents died while the children were relatively young and Wilfred was sent to live with his uncle O'Hagan (possibly also named Wilfred)who was a passionist priest at Mt Argus in Dublin. He left Mount Argus when he was 19 and came to Boston, MA.
Please let me know if any of this fits with your research. I would love to know more about the OHagans. We also have a copy of a memo sheet from Frank OHagan indicating that he was a tea, seed, wine, and spirit merchant on Greencastle St. in Kilkeel.

Posted: 2 May 2012 12:59AM GMT
My great grandfather was Frank O'Hagan. I am trying to piece together the O'Hagan family as well. My mother was Sheila (Josephine O'Hagans daughter). I would love to know what you have discovered about the family. My mom did tell me that she had an uncle that came over here (I'm in the US as well) and was somewhere on the East Coast. I'm assuming that this is your great grandfather.

Posted: 2 May 2012 3:46AM GMT
Surnames: O'Hagan, McVeigh
Hi
I am happy to share baptismal records and Irish censuses – just want to make sure it is the same Frank O’Hagan (have yet to find an OHagan connection on ancestry.com –exciting)

The Frank in my tree was born in 1872 in Kilkeel, County Down, Ireland. He was married to a Mary and had at least 3 children: Mary Teresa (1906), Hugh Wilfred (1908), and Matthew (1910) (dates from census ages-not exact). He remained in Kilkeel with his wife and family as a Publican and Grocer.

I also have a little McVeigh-OHagan family tree that I created in Word I would be happy to send you. My greataunt Rita McVeigh is actually still living and remembers visiting Kilkeel as a child in the mid 1930s.

Also on my Greatgrandfather Wilfred’s passenger list he listed an Uncle J. O’Hagan living in the US- may be the OHagan you had said was in the US.

I have Frank’s parents as James O’Hagan and Teresa Cunningham with Frank’s siblings: Annie Teresa 1858 (my greatgreatgrandmother), Maria 1845, Hugh 1850, Patrick 1854, James 1856, Joseph 1868. (Frank seems to have been the youngest). And I have the the Ireland 1901 census showing Frank and Maria living with their mother and also Gertrude McVey living with them (my Greatgrandfather’s little sister). In 1911 he is living with his wife and children

So let me know if the dates match up at all. And I am happy to email you copies of the info and the tree as it might be easier to see it all together.
Lauren O’Brien,
Lobrien428@aol.com

Posted: 13 May 2012 10:24AM GMT
I am so excited! Yes, they are one in the same. He is my grandfather. My mother was Sheila or Josephine Cecelia. Sheila was her nickname. I have pictures of Frank and many stories from my mom.

Mary Teresa, but they called her "M.T." for short. Matthew was my moms favorite Uncle. My brother is named after him. There are a few more siblings. My grandmother included. They lived in Kilkeel their whole lives and I would love to see what you have. I am having a difficult time finding anything. My aunt and cousins still live outside of Kilkeel. There was also a brother Paddy.

I am so excited! My mom is going to be excited as well!! There was a Priest Wilfred and she was talking about him when I asked her about this post.
Sheila
per page

Find a board about a specific topic