Search for content in message boards

Have questions with www.ltyr.hamburg.de

Have questions with www.ltyr.hamburg.de

Posted: 6 Feb 2006 9:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm wondering if anyone has used the services of www.ltyr.hamburg.de?

What type of information did they have when you paid for your initial search?

Was it useful?

Did you have to search for each name individually or just the head of the family? Are other family members listed when requesting a search? If I'm looking for my grandfather and his parents would I look for his name (he would of been a few months old), his father's or mother's? Is this considered a single name search or 3 names?

It says I can search for 4-10 names for 35 dollars. I'm assuming this is American dollars?

My ancestors came from the Ukraine, but departed from Hamburg.

Any help understanding what I'd be getting would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Have questions with www.ltyr.hamburg.de

Posted: 7 Feb 2006 6:23PM GMT
Hi Annamari,

There are other ways to get your Hamburg Passenger Lists for less.

What is your family, your immigration date, names and ages of all members, and did they travel with any relatives? Do you know for certain they came out of Hamburg, or just guessing?

Posted: 7 Feb 2006 7:14PM GMT
I know that my gg grandfathers came on the immigrant ship S.S. Brasillia/Brazilia from Hamburg. The ship departed on 27 Apr 1899 and landed in Halifax, Canada on 9 May 1899.

Anton Russ came over by himself. He was b. 1872 in Banyliv, Bukovina. **His wife, Maria/Marya Russ (b. 1875) came over with daughter Wasylena (b. 1898) at a later date and I'm unsure of when. They probably came the same way, Hamburg to Halifax, Canada.**

Metro/Demetro/Dmetro Billey/Bily (b. 1874) came over with his wife Anastasia (b. 1879) and son George (b. 1898/99). Also travelling with them were Anastasia's mother and stepfather, Iftema and Ivan Bachur and their children. Teodor/Todor Billey/Bily also came with his family. I believe Teodor and Metro were brothers. They both came from Borivci, Bukovina.

We are unsure of when my other gg grandfather, Stefan/Stephan Kucher/Kuczer/Kutcher/etc. (b. 1865), came over. It was said that he came over to Canada first, then sent for his wife, Alexandra (b. 1869), son Nykolay (b. 1892), and daughter Iwona (b. 1897). Nykolay may have been born in Bukovina, Ukraine or Romania. We believe Romania would be the more likely choice.

Here's what I've found on the website, www.ltyr.hamburg.de and it is what I would want to order.

Passenger
Number Surname First Name State of Origin Marital
Status Year of Birth Destination Attendant
Family Members Category
700493 Bily Demetra 1873/1874 Halifax, Kanada yes d

590182 Kuczur Stefan Österreich 1864/1865 Halifax, Kanada none d

701430 Russ Anton ledig 1871/1872 Halifax, Kanada none d

776257 Russ Marya 1875/1876 Kanada yes d

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted: 8 Feb 2006 11:52PM GMT
Hi Annamari,

If you know exact ships and dates, the passenger lists can be ordered through your local Family History Center for about 5 dollars. Otherwise you can use Ancestry.com Immigration databases to locate the ship info and see many of the Arrival Passenger Lists. This is only by subscription or the free 2 week trial. If you have a nearby Family History Center you can use their computer to access all of Ancestry.com for free.

Another way is to order through NARA.

Read this site on Immigration and Emigration and should help to answer lots of questions at:
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/ei.html

Then if not found, Hamburg.de may be the last resort, but this is the most costly.

Actual questions with www.ltyr.hamburg.de

Posted: 9 Feb 2006 5:50AM GMT
I was hoping to find out what this website had to offer and if anyone else had luck with them. I have gathered all of the information I could find from other sources including passenger arrival lists and naturalization records. I also have had a subscription with ancestry.com and found what I could. It would be nice to know if there is any other information on the departure lists/papers than what I already have.

Thank you for your help.

Hamburg Departure Manifests - Passenger Lists

Posted: 9 Feb 2006 8:48PM GMT
Here is the main site I use to order the Hamburg Departure Manifests - Passenger Lists of the actual list as they boarded ship at Hamburg and ordered for about 5 dollars per microfilm roll through your local Family History Center. This is what Hamburg.de is selling but at a premium price.

Hamburg Passenger Lists 1850-1934
http://www.genealogienetz.de/misc/emig/ham_pass.html

Instructions on how to use:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/rg/guide/Hamburg_Pass...

The film numbers are the Family History Library microfilm numbers FHL. The lists are on rolls of microfilm, so you need to find the correct year of departure, and the ship name, otherwise you would have to run through thousand of pages on the microfilm to find your family. They also have indexes you can use.

From what I have seen Hamburg.de will find the ship for you if they can, but if you already know the ship and date, will simply copy the Hamburg List page for you which would be the same thing you get when you use the microfilms to find the ship.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic