Search for content in message boards

HOUGHTBY FAMILY

HOUGHTBY FAMILY

Posted: 4 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Dec 2002 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: GIBSON, HADKINS, HOUGHTBY
I am seeking information about JOHN HOUGHTBY and his family. He was born September 19, 1819 in Northorsby, Lincolnshire, England to WILLIAM HOUGHTBY and SUSANNAH HADKINS. He married MARGARET GIBSON December 19, 1839 in Ashton-Under-Line, Lancashire, England. MARGARET GIBSON was born September 5, 1815 in Lancashire, England.

Any information would be appreciated.

E-mail me at mullfam@tbcnet.com.

Re: HOUGHTBY FAMILY

Posted: 16 Sep 2002 7:56PM GMT

I have found a record of a marriage between George Houghtby and Margaret Gibson on 10 Sep 1837 at Ashton under Lyne.

George was the son of William Houghtby and Margaret the daughter of John Gibson.

It would appear that George must have died as Margaret Houghtby married John Houghtby his younger brother on 9 Dec 1839 again at Ashton under Lyne.

Hope this information is of use to you.

Posted: 16 Sep 2002 7:57PM GMT

I have found a record of a marriage between George Houghtby and Margaret Gibson on 10 Sep 1837 at Ashton under Lyne.

George was the son of William Houghtby and Margaret the daughter of John Gibson.

It would appear that George must have died as Margaret Houghtby married John Houghtby his younger brother on 9 Dec 1839 again at Ashton under Lyne.

Hope this information is of use to you.

Chuck Houghtby (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2003 12:56PM GMT
Surnames: houghtby

Greetings Grahm,

I believe we have a family connection in your response to the message board information below:

"George was the son of William Houghtby and Margaret the daughter of John Gibson.

It would appear that George must have died as Margaret Houghtby married John Houghtby his younger brother on 9 Dec 1839 again at Ashton under Lyne."

But from my records, there appears to be a discrepancy: I have a John Houghtby marrying a Margaret Gibson on December 19, 1839 in Ashton under Lyne, Lancashire, England. Can you verify the marrage date you have?

Also, if a George Houghtby and my John Houghtby (My Great Great Grandfather born on September 19, 1819) were brothers, then my records of their father (William) and mother (Susannah Hadkins) must be in error. Can you provide more information on this family please?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Chuck Houghtby
Yardley, Pennsylvania

Posted: 1 Jul 2007 7:20PM GMT
Surnames: HOUGHTBY
Hi CHUCK
IT SEEMS THAT WE SHARE THE SAME GREAT GREAT GRANPARENTS
JOHN HOUGHTBY BORN 19/09/1819 AND MARGARET GIBSON BORN 15/09/1815 FOM WYKEHAM HALL NORTH THORSBY LINCOLSHIRE OCCUPATION FARMING FOREMAN IN 1871 CENSUS, I ALSO GO BACK TO WILLIAM HOLTBY AND SUSAN HADKINS
MY LINE IS FROM ELIZABETH CALVERT HOUGHTBY BORN 22/12/1852 SECOND ELDEST DAUGHTER OF JOHN AND MARGARET HOUGHTBY, ELIZABETH HOUGHTBY MARRIED CORNELIUS HALL IN BLACKBURN IN 1875, WHOSE YOUNGEST SON ARTHUR HALL MARRIED EDITH MARY LAWRENSON IN DARWEN 1N 1913.THEIR ONE CHILD EDITH JOYCE HALL MARRIED GEORGE GREEN IN 1945 PRESTON, LANCASHIRE.THESE WERE MY PARENTS.
P.S.
I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT THAT JOHN HOUGHTBY AND MARGARET AND TWO OF THEIR SONS JOHN AND CHARLES GIBSON HOUGHTBY EMIGRATED TO THE USA, WITH A THIRD SON TITUS CALVERT HOUGHTBY GOING TO CANADA

REGARDS COLIN GREEN
per page

Find a board about a specific topic