Search for content in message boards

SHARP(e) late 1700s, early 1800s

SHARP(e) late 1700s, early 1800s

Posted: 11 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jan 2005 1:39PM GMT
Surnames: Sharp, Sharpe
Seek information on SHARP(E) in Cumberland Co. Joseph Sharp appears on tax list for 1782. Elizabeth Sharpe, mother of Stephen and James Sharpe, appears in Court Order Books from 1786 through 1801. Mary Sharpe appears as a witness for Elizabeth in a suit against George Brown, and later as the mother of Julius Sharp. Joseph Sharp appears in the order books often and William Sharp is also mentioned.
Who were these people? Where did they come from? When did they arrive in Cumberland Co? Births? Marriages? Deaths? Graves? Please give sources.

Sharps of Cumberland County Va.

Posted: 24 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2004 12:21AM GMT
Surnames: Sharp
Am also looking for information on the early Sharps of Cumberland County. Joseph also appears in tax lists from 1782-1797 and Elizabeth appears in 1805 & 1807 and I believe is the same Elizabeth as in the 1810 census.
According to her 1834 will in Bourbon County Ky. she also had other children. It lists John, Cynthia and Vincent besides James and Stephen. Am looking for her husband in Cumberland County. She left there with Cynthia and Vincent about 1810-1815. James and Stephen left earlier and are in Montgomery County Ky. by 1800 with Moses Sharp who may have been their uncle. Moses also appears in Cumberland County tax records in 1786-1787 but is in Fayette County Ky. by 1789. Other Sharps in Cumberland tax records are Richard, Stephen, William, John, Henry.
Will be starting to look at land records soon. Would like to share information with you in an effort to identify these Sharps.

Re: SHARP(e) late 1700s, early 1800s

Posted: 24 Jun 2002 1:16AM GMT
iI also am looking for Sharp information, there are many William Sharps in my family, I am just curious if you have any more information that may help me in my search, if so, plese contact me at varnell_jacki@hotmail.com. Thank you .

Posted: 24 Jun 2002 1:17AM GMT
I also am looking for Sharp information, there are many William Sharps in my family, I am just curious if you have any more information that may help me in my search, if so, plese contact me at varnell_jacki@hotmail.com. Thank you .

Posted: 24 Jun 2002 1:27AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2005 1:39PM GMT
My posting was in 1999. Since then there has been published a considerable amount of information on Sharp and related families in Cumberland County. IThe e-mail newsletter called SHARPE IN VIRGINIA, which comes out twice a month ran a long series on Cumberland. The newsletter covers several counties at a time and uses fully footnoted original sources. For more information check out www.thecolonist.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic