Search for content in message boards

Looking for Info re John OKELLEY Enright

Looking for Info re John OKELLEY Enright

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 2:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Enright, Okelley, Reidy
The OKELLY is on John OK Enright's Naturalization Certificate,and also on burial permit from March 3, 1906--No obituary; apparently it was very important to him to carry that name...(mother's maiden name??) Born 1845 in Ireland (NO IDEA WHERE)Immigrated about 1863, to Chicago. Had a brother Dennis, sister Mary, both came to Chicago. Father's name also John Enright. He was a Saloonkeeper in Ireland and in Chicago, where he lived out his life. Married Annie Marie Reidy. B. 1850(also immigrated from Ireland) on Jan. 27, 1870 at Old St. Patricks Church, Chicago; children: Nellie, Thomas, John,Annie, Susan, Dennis & Mary (twins)and James. Thomas Enright, age 38, was the first burial in a Cemetery lot John OK Enright purchased for that same burial in 1868, Calvary Cemetery in Evanston, IL. perhaps Thomas was a brother/Cousin? I cannot FIND a clue to locate him or his family in Ireland--would appreciate any help !!!!! He is my Great-Grandfather.

Re: Looking for Info re John OKELLEY Enright

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 10:40PM GMT
Surnames: FLYNN-ENRIGHT-GEARIN
there are lots of John Enright in irish church records in Kerry Ireland.

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 12:24AM GMT
THANK YOU for answering, and so quickly! I will try Kerry...at least it is a definitive place to start from. I think John Enright is as common as Joe "Smith" here :) I was hoping the OKELLEY might spark something, too. I appreciate your help.

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 2:33PM GMT
Hi I have worked on my husbands Enright's and I am pretty sure they are from County Kerry, but the interesting thing is the ships passenger list of the Ship Carack out of Liverpool, landed at the Port of New Orleans, November 29, 1851.
Search on ancestry under Emright if you can't find it under Enright. My husband's ancestor Robert Enright is on the ship with his parent's Matthew and Nancy, also Bartholomew 18 and Ellen Enright 20. The interesting thing is a John Kelly (15 years old) is traveling with them. Occupation weavers from Ireland. They ended up in Hancock County, Indiana. Three other grown sons of of Matthew an his wife Nancy (also known as Ann) had come a few years earlier to work on the railroad in Dearborn County, Indiana. I don't know if they are any relation to your Enright's but found some free online Parish records from county Kerry at Baptisms of Causeway Parish, Diocese of Kerry, Ireland; http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/index.html, Indiana.

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 2:47PM GMT
Thank You for the info. My John OKelley Enright arrived in the US in 1863--so this is probably not him--but certainly an intriguing set of coincidences! Im SO glad to have the online Parish record resource, too. I will make use of it today, and see where it goes! I really appreciate your help :)

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 3:28PM GMT
to judymullen69--WOW! The resource site you sent me led me to a John Enright, (correct birth year and date) son of John Enright and Judith KELLY! Can't believe it--this is a good possibility, and I will research it further today-- wanted to Thank you again SO much!

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 8:27PM GMT
That is wonderful. I wonder if there is any connection between my husband's Enright's and yours.

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 4:12PM GMT
Maybe we'll end up to be cousins ?????
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions