Search for content in message boards

family tree

family tree

Lindsay Odell (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2000 10:18AM GMT
I am not looking for any relatives, I just know a lot about my family tree so I figured I might be able to help anyone looking for theirs. My father, Robert, looked up our family tree a few years back. It was easy because all the woman kept their maiden name as their middle name. He found out that we are English, Irish, and Scottish. Also there is a town in England named after the Odell's. Just thought that might help some people.

Mary O'dell, N>Y>

Richard Sweeney (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2000 2:31PM GMT
Am looking for information on a mary O'dell who married a Thomas Sweeney
around 1840 in Mechanicville, N.Y.

Nehemiah Odell,NC

Posted: 24 Aug 2000 5:29AM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2001 6:20PM GMT
I am looking for information on Nehemiah Odell 1743 Grays Chapel NC (D)1783 NC. Married Mary Martha Julien. Their son Issac Odell 1765 and wife Martha Boudoin/Bowden. I am trying to make a connection of Issac and Martha's Daughter Mary(b)1792 to a William Hodgin. NC to Indiana.

O'Dells in New York

Posted: 24 Aug 2000 11:08PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2002 5:16AM GMT
My great great grandmother was Mary O'Dell. In 1860 she was living in Georgetown, Madison County, New York. She was listed as being 19 in the 1860 census. She married Edwin Perry, who died during the civil war. She had only one child (I think), George Wesley Perry. She later married someone with the last name of Mason. Do you know anything about her and her family?

Jemima Odell, Tompkins, NY

J. Lawson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 8:52AM GMT
I'm looking for further info about a Jemima Odell, b. 1799, Tompkins, NY, who married Jesse Hall in 1820. They had a daughter named Arvilla, who moved west to MI. Anything about other family members could be helpful. Thank you.

Nehemiah Odell

Posted: 17 Sep 2000 9:06PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 11:39PM GMT
Hi Cindy, Just returned from a trip to the Carolina's and Gray's Chapel cemetery. I was there to find the graves of Major Laban Odell and his parents, James Odell and Anna Trogdon Odell. James was a son of Isaac and brother to Mary. Laban's brother William Boudouin/Boudin Odell was born in 1820 died about 1898. Wm was in Illinois in 1852 and in Iowa in 1854.I got my info from a relative in Concord, NC ( a second cousin of my mother's who has tried to discover the Odell history.)She has much information on the Odells though I was there only a short time and concentrated on the decendants of Laban Odell as he was my gggrandfather and was killed at the age of 26 at Chancellorsville, VA in May 1863.Many of the Trogdons and Oells from Randolpf Co., NC went North before the War. I understand there is quite a Trogdon site here on the web. You might check there for info on Mary.Her aunt, Isaac's sister also married a Trogdon. Hope this helps.

Odell Family

Posted: 29 Sep 2000 7:24PM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2002 2:12AM GMT
Searching for info. on a Harvey Moses Odell or
Moses Harvey Odell who married Charlotte Wilson.
They had a daughter named Lydia Odell born I
believe in Missouri. She was my great grandmother.
If you can help let me know. My email is dellis@ssvecnet.com

Re: Nehemiah Odell,NC

Posted: 16 May 2002 3:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jan 2003 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: Odell, Hodgin
Mary Odell d/o Isaac married William Hodgin 18 Aug 1819 in Randolph Co NC. I am not certain where they were between 1819 and 1850 when they show up in the Edgar Co IL Census. I am in the process of trying to prove that Mary is the daughter of Isaac for DAR. Isaac signed a bastardy bond for Mary in 1811 then she and William had a child before they were married in 1818. All very interesting. I do have quite a bit of information on this family. I am descended from their daughter Julia who married Elijah Ward Bozarth. You may e-mail me direct.

Re: Jemima Odell, Tompkins, NY

Posted: 31 Jul 2005 9:10PM GMT
Surnames: ODELL HEAD LONG BIRD SEEGER WALZ BREITMAIER STERNBACHER KOCH KALMBACH
Jemima was a sister to Richard b. 1793 and Arvilla ODell from Tompkins County (Ulysses in 1793). The Odell's moved to Lenewee County Michigan in the 1845-1850 time frame. My 3rd ggrandmother is their daughter name Mary Odell, b. 25 Feb 1820. Mary Odell married Dr. Peter Head in 1834 and they resided in Tompkins County, New York and you can find them together with the family on the 1850, Tompkins County, New York census. Mary died in Tompkins County on 4 May 1853 and is buried in Christian Cemetery. I have a photo of her grave marker. That is all the information on the Odells that I have.

Scott

Re: Mary O'dell, N>Y>

Posted: 25 Oct 2013 11:10PM GMT
Surnames: O'Dell, Sweeney
My great-great-grandparents were Thomas Sweeney and Mary O'dell, Mechanicville, NY. Their daughter, Margaret Sweeney, was my great-grandmother. I realize that I am responding to an old post, but if the original poster is still available, I would be glad to share any information I have and am extremely interested in his information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic