Search for content in message boards

Stewarts of Martray House Tyrone Ireland 1791

Stewarts of Martray House Tyrone Ireland 1791

Janine Polley (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2000 8:35AM GMT
I am looking for ancestors of Sir John Stewart and lady Mary Archdale married abt 1791 they had 2 sons Sir Mervyn b 1794 and Sir Hugh b 1792 Sir hugh being my ggg grandfather there was then George Vessey b 1832, Hugh Alexander Montgomery Moore b 1867, Ivy Mytle Jane Stewart b 1902 m Reginald Polley son George Robert Hutson b 1930 my father any answers please !

Re: Stewarts of Martray House Tyrone Ireland 1791

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 1:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart and Archdale
Noticed your post - I have some information that maybe of interest to your ancestors as they are in my family tree as well under my mother's side the Stewart's.
I am building a family tree curently.
Regards

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 10:46AM GMT
Hi There,

Just read your message completely by accident. My great great great grandfather was George Vessey Stewart too. I have alot of information about the family as my cousin started doing the family tree. If you would like to look at the info please let me know. My mum was Muriel Stewart daughter of Alfred and Elizabeth Stewart and she grew up in Katikati and Tauranga before moving over to the Waikato.
Cheers Sandy

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 10:48AM GMT
Hi there, I too have alot of info that may be of use. My mum was a Stewart and my great great great grandfather was George Vessey. Let me know if you would like more info.

Cheers
Sandy

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 10:52AM GMT
Hi Janine, Just thought I would mention too that I remember Aunty Ivy. Mum used to take me over to visit her all the time. I recognised your surname Polley. I suspect that we are cousins. Aunty Ivy had a sister if I remember. There was also Uncle Ran (short for Ranfurly) and I think Uncle Peter. This is really bizarre. I went over to the 100 year reunion at Mount Stewart in Athenree in 2004???. Maybe you were there.
Cheers
Sandy

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 10:36PM GMT
Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your reply. My line is also through my mother. I spring from Francis Vesey Montgomory Moore Stewart who was a brother of Alfred. We have traced the line back to about 600 A.D. through the royal lineage. A computor crash meant we lost a bit recently but we still have some info going back to Edmond II (Ironside) King of England. No doubt you would have lots of info I don't have so I would love to hear from you. My Uncle and Aunt Ross and Betty Stewart were also at the reunion in 2004. Unfortunately I did not hear about it till after the event.

Cheers, Gwenda.

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 7:26PM GMT
hi, i am the great grand daughter of George Vesey Stewart, through his daughter Georgina. I have just begun tracking my ancestors and would love to know what you know. Maybe you could email me.

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 8:55PM GMT
Hi Sue,

Most of the information I have is listed under my husbands family tree. If you have not already seen that, do a search for the family tree of Robert Aronson. There are 2000+ names on that which includes his side and our side. If you can't find it then send me your email address and I will be able to send you an invite. I may of course also have some anecdotal information on the family which might be relevant to you? There are two George Vesey Stewart's on the tree, father and son, Born 1832 and 1861, from which one do you descend? I descend from The father.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Gwenda

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 3:07AM GMT
I am a descendent of both of the GV Stewarts. My grandmother was one of three girls born to GV Stewart junior. She was the only one who married, to Nortman Wilson, and they had 5 offsring. My father was her first born, Laurtence and I am his first born.

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 3:03AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart and Curry
Do any of you know of a Hazeal Stewart. His parents were supposed to have com from Ireland, but I don't know where. He was my GGgranddad. I can't find out anything about him or his wife Elizabeth Curry. Supposedly, he was born in 1807 in Mississippi and married Elizabeth in 1824.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions