Search for content in message boards

DAVID BIDWELL

DAVID BIDWELL

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 12:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DAVID BIDWELL
Help !! Please..

Can anyone advise what war David Bidwell(b.1720 Hartford,Ct.) or what he was in ?? Regiment etc.

Was he in the French/Indian or revoluntionary war ??

any info welcomed !!!

Thanks

Re: DAVID BIDWELL, Sr. b. 1720, CT

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 7:50PM GMT
Surnames: Bidwell
Dear Billyjack,

Does your lineage go through his son David Bidwell, Jr. too? The DAR Patriot Index (Rev. War) shows that there is a problem with the Sr.'s service rec.

BIDWELL, DAVID SR
Notice: FUTURE APPLICANTS MUST PROVE CORRECT SERVICE *
Birth: 16 Oct 1720 CONNECTICUT
Death: (ANTE) 18 Jul 1792 STILLWATER SARATOGA CO NEW YORK
Comments 2) DAVID BIDWELL,JR IS LISTED ON MASTER ROLL OF COL VAN VEGATEN,NOT DAVID,SR. 3) DATACF.
Residence 1) STILLWATER - ALBANY CO - NEW YORK

*"The proof of service used to establish this person as a patriot is no longer valid. Subsequent evaluation of the proof of service may have determined that the proof is not acceptable under today’s standards; the service belongs to another person of the same name; the residence of this person during the Revolution is inconsistent with the service, or multiple people have claimed the same service. Future applicants must provide proof of service (and possibly residence) that meets current standards."
--

Deborah T. Registrar Nathan Hale Memorial Chapter DAR
--

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 9:02PM GMT
Surnames: DAVID JR.
correct should be the David Jr. b. 1720 d.1794 that was married to Esther Lawrence would be the person that served.
***YES, my line goes through both Sr. an Jr.***
David Sr. b.1687 d. 1778 married to Webster may have fought in the Indian/french wars.died during rev war
My source is the Bidwell Family History 1587-1982 volume 1
by Joan Bidwell(DAR has this book)
I did locate several articles thru ancestry.com that shows a David but no sr. or jr. is noted.
confusing...yes..and ancestry.com has CT & NY documents.
can you help ??

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 9:25PM GMT
Surnames: BIDWELL JR
Thanks Deb
I forgot to answer your question concerning lineage.
Yes, David Sr. and Jr. are in my lineage

I tried to email your email address but it said it was not correct.
Thanks
Janet

Posted: 21 Feb 2008 4:11AM GMT
Hi Janet,

As the years go by they keep updating the website and trying to make it user friendly. But they still have a long way to go. This is the one that is supposed be here: AncestorConnect at aol.com but the one for DAR is NathanHaleDAR at aol.com. And "at" means @!

If you are joining the DAR, you might wish to consider joining under the Jr.s service. I don't see anyone who joined under his service (just the note about his service that National DAR has record under the Sr. in the previous email I sent to you.)

So if you join, you will the first applicant to preserve you hertiage in this manner! Your local Registrar will assist you with the application process.
Email me and I can help you find a chapter near you. Or check out dar.org for you State.

Deborah Tajmajer in CT
--

Posted: 21 Feb 2008 2:58PM GMT
Surnames: BIDWELL
Thanks Deb

I will use the Jr.

Iam in St.Louis,Mo and havent been doing this to long,
you can email me at Jjanetbill60@aol.com

Janet
per page