Search for content in message boards

Elias Bowman's Parents Proven via DNA

Elias Bowman's Parents Proven via DNA

Posted: 13 Jan 2008 2:34AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Bowman
Those of us who are descendents of George Bowman (Johann Georg Baumann) and Maria Barbara Keller and their son, John, who was born in 1750 after they arrived in Berks County, PA, had no idea George and Maria Barbara arrived with four German-born children - Maria Anna; George Jr.; Elias and Andrew. In about 1770 George and Maria Barbara, with their son, John, moved to Rockingham County, VA. Apparently all contact between John's descendents and the other children was lost. For more detail on this Bowman line back to Germany, and their connection to the Bowman House at the Frontier Culture Museum at Staunton, VA, please visit www.gbowmanhouse.weebly.com.

Since discovering children were born in Germany, I have been looking for them. Just this week DNA results through Family Tree DNA Bauman Project have confirmed that the Elias Bowman who lived in Berkeley County, WV and then Washington County, TN, was in fact the German-born son of George and Maria Barbara Bowman.

Elias and his wife Elizabeth had five children in Berkeley County, namely: Rev. John who never married; Mary (Polly) who married Leonard Calvert; Barbara who married John McConnell; Elizabeth who married John Simpson; and George who married Susannah Davis and Nancy Browder. Elias and his second or third wife had three children, namely: David, Samuel D. and Elias Jr. in Washington County, TN.

I will be putting together an e-file of all the data I have collected on Elias in the next weeks. I will provide a copy to anyone who requests it via email - bernarddbowman@charter.net.

Re: Elias Bowman's Parents Proven via DNA

Posted: 21 Dec 2008 9:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, We are related to Hannah Bowman her father George Christopher Bowman in PA. He was born in Prussia germany.

is he part of your family?

Hannah married James McConnell he had George McConnell and george had Amos and Amos had Harry (my father.)

My family are from Massillon Ohio but we know they came from Pa

please use my home email, wbwebb02@bigpond.com
I live in Australia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions