Search for content in message boards

Henry Schliesmann (Schleismann)

Henry Schliesmann (Schleismann)

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 2:21PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Looking for his family from Germany. He lived and died in New Orleans, LA Married Louisa Echert Sherer, children are Philip Louis Schleismann and Bertha Schleismann

Re: Henry Schliesmann (Schleismann)

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 5:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
My mother is cousins with Schliesmann's in the Fall River, Rio, Doylestown WI area. I'll see what I can find out for you.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 11:08PM GMT
I noticed the letter you posted for Henry Schleismann Schleismann. Barbara Fallstad, who sent the orignal letter, is a distant cousin of mine. I have a copy of the book she discussed. My Dad (Vernon F. Schleisman) has a cousin,Colleen, who did a great deal of the research and provided many of the pictures. Vernon and Collen are descended from Adam Schleisman Jr, whose father Adam settled in Lidderdale, Carroll, Iowa. I believe Barbara is descended from Adam Jr's brother Phillip.

We still haven't discovered the city/town where the Schlessman family came from in Germany, but I keep searching. I also beleve the Schliesmans who settled in Portage County, Wisconsin are related. Some of this is based on the first names of the children. We all seem to have Adam, Phillp, Henry somewhere in the lineage.
I would be very interested in sharing information.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 11:17PM GMT
Please see my reply to William Schleisman. I am related to Barbara Fallstad, who sent the original letter asking for information about the Schleismann family in Louisiana. I would be very interested in learning if you have any additional information about the Schliesmann family in Wisconsin. I really think our families are connected. One connection I found is that one of the Schleissmanns who lived in Portage County, WI married an Eiden. Maybe it is just coincidence, but my great great grandmother was Anna Eiden who lived in Jefferson County County. She married Conrad Daniel, and they ended up living in Beaver Dam Wi. I think there's also a connection between the Eiden family in Portage County and the one in Jefferson County. I just haven't found it yet. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 6:48PM GMT
My mother was cousins to the Schiesman family, many are buried in St Joseph Cemetary in Rio WI. Mark Schliesman was born in 1904 and married my grt aunt Adeline Warmke. Mark Schliesman's father was Henry born in 1873. Henry's father was Michael born in Germany in 1834, his father was Johann born in 1801. I don't see any Williams but wonder if they are somehow related back in Germany. Several yrs ago before her death, my grt aunt Sr Norene Warmke used to visit her Schliesman cousins in the Sun Praire, Bristol area but don't see any listings for them in the phone book. Most likely they have have died. Anyway there are Schliesmans in Beaver Dam and Rio areas.
Hope this helps.

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 10:41PM GMT
Thanks. I guess I'll keep looking.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions