Search for content in message boards

HENDRICKS/HENDRIX-COFFMAN-MOORE

HENDRICKS/HENDRIX-COFFMAN-MOORE

H. CAMERON (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HENDRICKS, HENDRIX, COFFMAN, MOORE, EVERETT, CROW, SOUTHERN, BULLARD, SMOOT, GAMMILL, GOLDEN, TIMMS
I'm trying to find info on my brickwall of Alonzo(could be sp.Alonso), HENDRICKS/HENDRIX b. abt 1848 - d. ? He was a school teacher. While teaching in Denison, Grayson Co. TX about 1880, he boarded with the COFFMAN family,probably David H.Coffman-b.1825, wife-Harriet(maiden MOORE),sons-Robb,David Jr.,& Sterling P.,and dau.-Mary E. Alonzo married (probably in late 1880 early 1881?)the dau. Mary Elizabeth COFFMAN-b. about 1865-d. ? They had one son, James Monroe HENDRICKS - b. Sept. 7, 1881 in Denison,Grayson co. TX. Alonzo left after James was born and he and Mary divorced. Family lore is that they heard he had another family somewhere else. I did find a Monroe HENDRICKS in either Grayson Co. TX or another neighboring county. Could he be a brother to Alonzo? Any help would be greatly appreciated on this family. Thank you.

Gammill Family

Posted: 23 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2001 7:04AM GMT
Hi-
I have information on quite a few Gammills. Who do you have in your family? Maybe we can exchange some info. Thanks.

Re: Gammill Family

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 12:43PM GMT
Surnames: Gammill, O'Donnell, Stuart, Lewis, Pate, Wagner
I have information on Gammill's in both Oklahoma and Texas and many pictures and would love to exchange information. Names I have include Robert Lee Gammill married Martha Jane and both are burried in Pearland, Tx. Sons Curtis J, Paul E, Robert S. Robert S. is believed to have married Anita Wagner. Daughters include Lula B, Betty and one that I don't know the name of. Lula B married Joseph L O'donnell, Betty married J.H. Pate and the unk daughter married Ben Lewis and resided in Ok.

Lisa (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2002 6:08AM GMT
Hi-
I do not recognize any of these Gammill names. I looked in the Gammill Family History book that I have, and did not find them in there either. So the time frame must be later on. Do you know who the parents of Robert Gammill were?
My husband's ancestor was William Stewart Gammill, whose fathter was James, JR, whose father was James Gammill.
Thanks for the inquiry.
Lisa

Posted: 7 Dec 2003 3:17AM GMT
I am the only Granddaughter of Emma Elizabeth Gammill, who had
three Brothers, Oscar, Will & Boone. My Great Grandfather and
the Father of these four Kids was William Stewart Gammill
married to Cathrine Shull Gammill (called Katie).
Write to me, would love to share information and pictures.
It is December 2003 and I am very much alive.
Love,
Helen Cook Abercrombie
Dabercr691@AOL.com

Re: HENDRICKS/HENDRIX-COFFMAN-MOORE

Posted: 14 Jul 2006 3:41AM GMT
We are also looking for info on Alonzo. I am the great, great, grandson of Alonzo. James Monroe is my great grandfather. I have info regarding james but am also running into brickwall on Alonzo. How are you related to Alonzo?

Posted: 8 Dec 2006 4:02PM GMT
I am descended from Moses Gammill, brother of William Stewart Gammill. I am actively trying to fill in missing pieces of the family tree and would be glad to share info. with you. My e-mail is jegammill@adelphia.net

Posted: 29 Aug 2011 8:31PM GMT
I recognize all those names for my Gammill family. Would love to connect.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions