Search for content in message boards

Looking to Learn More About Our Journey Through Life

Looking to Learn More About Our Journey Through Life

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 12:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Nov 2012 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: Breshears
Hello,
I am Danny Breshears, born in Watertown NY, my father was receiving training at Ft Drum prior to leaving for Europe with the 45th.
My family is from the Antlers area, most who lived there have passed on.
My father was killed in 1949 in a car wreck, my mother remarried and we moved to CA where I was raised from the age of 6 until joining the army at 23, after the army the company I worked for before had moved to TX and I moved to Wichita Falls. I lived in OK from 1986 to 1995 where I moved to the Woodlands TX.
I would like to contact other people who have the same interest. I was born December 19, 1942. Retired in 1995 but own a small business to keep me busy.
Take care

Danny

Re: Looking to Learn More About Our Journey Through Life

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 10:44PM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2013 11:45PM GMT
Surnames: Breashears, Whitley
Hi, Danny.
My great grandmother was Alfar Breashears. Since this surname can be spelled many ways, I am using this spelling as this is how it shows up on the marriage license. I have very little information about her family. I know that she married James L Whitley and is listed on the Chickasaw Bride and Groom list. I know that she was born in AR, had a brother named Cab(b) who married Itty Whitley, James's sister. She also had a brother named Joe who was a circuit preacher. Alfar died in 1913 after giving birth to her 5th child, Gilford Whitley. I believe she died in AR based on where Uncle Gilford was born. She may have had a brother named Dave.

The reason that I'm listing all this information is because you mention that your family is from Antlers. I've seen information linking my family to that area.

I hope that something in my post will spark something in your memory. Do you have any old papers, bibles, etc.?

Jo

Posted: 14 Oct 2013 2:51AM GMT
Danny,I know we are 2nd cousins and I have heard the name Dan H. before but did not know if
you were connected or not until I read your post stating you and family were from the Antlers
area. Your Grand Father John, and my Grand Father Steve, were brothers. My dad was Floyd.
Please send me a personal e-mail at dan.breshears@yahoo.com or dkb-1985@peoplepc.com
Lets talk ! Danny R.

Posted: 14 Oct 2013 3:49AM GMT
Hello Jo, This is Danny R. Breshears from Antlers, OK I 'm not the Danny you posted your message to but I believe I can help you with some info on Cab F. Breshears who is berried in the Antlers City Cemetery with the dates of born Nov 14, 1879 and died Apr 5,1957 memorial #117627870 You can access the Cemetery site at http://findagrave.com/index.html
The county is Pushmataha, Hope this helps !

Posted: 14 Oct 2013 3:58AM GMT
Dan H. Breshears Sr. Headstone in the Antlers City Cemetery Pushmataha County Oklahoma
http://findagrave.com/index.html

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 7:19PM GMT
Wow! Thank you so much. This record was added in September 2013. I saw some research done by a person (can't remember name) who is on the Breshears site I belong to, and Cab was listed in the Antlers cemetery. Unfortunately, due to my lack of hard facts, I can't be sure this is my great uncle. This man died in 1957, but his Whitley wife died 40-50 years before (sister to my great grandfather). With 2 Whitley-Breashears marriages in one family, you'd think I would find all kinds of documentation. Cab spells his name the same way that my great grandmother's name is spelled on the marriage license. I see you spell your name Breshears. Do you know if you're related to Cab? Do you still live in the Antlers area? Any clue where I'd start to find out about this man?

Jo

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 3:09AM GMT
Your welcome,
Yes I still live in Antlers 4th generation. No I don't know where Cab fits in but I'm sure he does.
I travel a lot and it makes my time restricted for my interest but as soon as I can I will work on his history. There are three different Breshears sets in this county that tie back to Henry Alexander Jr.
Henry's sons is where we split and I would say Cab is probably one of the other two sets. Yes there is several sites you can access for research most of which you can get from this message board just post a message asking for the sites. Happy Hunting I will post what I find for you. Dan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions