Search for content in message boards

COBB FAMILY Taunton, MA

COBB FAMILY Taunton, MA

Posted: 11 Feb 2000 1:59PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2004 10:47PM GMT
Looking for ancestors of Mercy Cobb (1744-1786), Taunton,MA. She marr Samuel Codding (1742-1812), in 1763. I am descended from their son Cobb Codding.

Re: COBB FAMILY Taunton, MA

Posted: 3 Oct 2002 5:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Oct 2002 2:49AM GMT
Carol,
Does your Samuel have an L as his middle initial? Could you give me the name of his parents? I am also a Codding and am researching this line. Thank You, Linda

Carol Bauby (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2002 11:57PM GMT
Surnames: Codding Cobb Luscomb
Dear Linda,

There were 2 Samuel Coddings who were cousins who married sisters. Good grief! According to past DAR applications, parents of my Cobb Codding were Samuel Codding and Mercy Cobb. Another researcher who has a website I will share, places Cobb as the son of Samuel and Mary (Cobb). I have not yet done further research, although I do plan that soon. So, these men were sons of brothers, still in the same line anyway. Try this website:
http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/c/o/d/Mark-Louis-Coddin...
Go to Gen 4, #15, Samuel Codding.
Samuel's parents are either George Codding and Elizabeth Luscombe (I think!) or George's brother James.
Carol
PS--check out the whole website and let me know what you think.

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2003 7:10AM GMT
Hi,
Just read your message and apologize for not getting back to you before now. Mark Codding's web site is the best one that I have found and I do keep in touch with him. I am sure that he would want whatever information that you are willing to share on the Cobb family and the Codding side of course. He is very thorough with his information and doesn't post it unless he is absolutely sure the information is correct. I would suggest that you follow through on his information to the different generations and you might find what you are looking for. His generations are seperate. Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions