Search for content in message boards

Family Tree Maker for Mac-VERSION 3 Questions

Family Tree Maker for Mac-VERSION 3 Questions

Posted: 8 Sep 2013 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pinaire-Ory-Baufle-Troncin-Magnenat
I have tried to contact Ancestry regarding the above referenced subject and they do not return my emails. I have tried to contact "Nova" the company that sells the product and they say to contact Ancestry.

Does anyone on the list know the answers to my questions I list below? If not, perhaps someone might direct me to a link, person, etc. who might??

1. When will Family Tree Maker for the Mac-Version 3 be released to buy
or download?

2. Will Family Tree Maker for the Mac-Version 3 have the ability of composing footnotes for placement at the bottom of reports (not endnotes, or reference notes) utilizing source input and citing them according to the book "Evidence Explained"?

3. Will Family Tree Maker for the Mac-Version 3 have a "Narrative Report" where footnotes are utilized?
Attachments:

Re: Family Tree Maker for Mac-VERSION 3 Questions

Posted: 9 Sep 2013 4:31PM GMT
It hasn't been introduced yet. FTM for Windoze is available for pre-orders but not Mac FTM

Posted: 23 Sep 2013 4:48PM GMT
Hej 'searches171.'

Yeah, both Nova & Ancestry.com are very slow at replying to emails, if ever. I often write to them as well with no response or a lack-luster response. I can only assume they either simply don't care or are in financial trouble (not putting more resources into customer service).

Having said that, here's what I've learned so far:
1. As of today, I believe it's due out within 1-3 months. Based off of past experience with them, this seems fairly likely.
2. I simply don't know, but do know they've expanded the windows 'reports' but a good amount.
3. As above, I simply don't know but I believe we should expect more options for reports in general.

I know it's not much but I hope it helps!

Also, considering how 'buggy' the current version of the mac app is, I'd highly recommend making a full backup of your tree and keeping it quarantined from your 'converted' tree once the new version is out. I've got a feeling (also based off of past experience) that it'll be quite buggy and their track record for putting out updates isn't so hot. You may find yourself wanting to go back to the current version on occasion.

I don't suppose you know about the 'publish' module for the mac version and if it's been expanded or refined?

Sincerely,
Christopher

Posted: 23 Sep 2013 5:12PM GMT
Thank you for your responses to my questions. Sorry, but I have no clue as to your question regarding the "publish" module for FTMM-3 being expanded or refined from FTMM-2. Please update me as you learn more. I'd sure like to try before I buy, (ha)-- (the cost will probably not be cheap?).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions