Search for content in message boards

Death Record for IRA HALL requested

Death Record for IRA HALL requested

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 3:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HALL
If it wouldn't be too much to ask, I would really appreciate a death record or other proof of death for Ira HALL. He was b. Abt. 1804 Canada, and is my 3rd great-grandfather. The last record I have for him is the 1880 Census for Arlington, Columbia Co. WI on which he is 76, a farmer, and his wife Mary is 60.
I am so hoping a Death Record would list his parents, to take me back one more generation, plus, of course, an exact death date.

Re: Death Record for IRA HALL requested

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 5:34PM GMT
I live near Portage, WI so I will check for Ira's death record at the Columbia Co Courthouse in Portage when I return from Florida in April.

Did you check Columbia Co. cemeteries to see if you can find his headstone? Also,there is an obituary index on the Portage Public Library geneanlogy site which lists obits in the Portage papers.

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 2:46PM GMT
Hi,
Thank you very much for responding, and for your offer of help! I appreciate it so much.

I looked at the Portage Public Library Site this a. m. and could find no obituaries. Looked through some of the 'History of Columbia Co.' material, but could find no mention of him (he only moved there between 1870-1880). Have searched 'Find-A-Grave' & other cemeteries in Columbia Co. with no luck either. Will keep searching, but am so grateful for your offer to look at the courthouse.

Enjoy your remaining time in Florida & have a safe trip home!
Thanks again,
Judy King

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 9:47PM GMT
HI
Thought of one more thing. There is a Poynette Historical Society. Poynette is only about 5 miles from Arlington. I am not sure when they are open, if they have a website, ec.t but I believe they have quite a lot of material there. Might not hurt to check with them too.
Peggy Amend

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 9:11PM GMT
Hi
I went to the Columbia Co. Courthouse today and I did not find your Mary and Ira Hall. I did find 2 Mary Hall's . One died in 1892 but her husband was WM. The one who died in 1899 was married to Henry Hall.

The Ira Hall I did find was born May 29, 1862 and died Aug 13, 1924. Parents: Geo Hall and Louis Randell. Informant was Frank Hall of Poynette. The cause of death was suicide by firearm and he was buried in Dekorra (near Poynette) and the undertaker was from Poynette. I don't know if there is any connection here with your family.
Sorry I didn't find anything
Peggy Amend

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 2:21PM GMT
Thank you so much Peggy! I really appreciate your time and effort. Of the 2 Mary's, one is definitely mine. The Ira is, also...a grandson of the one born 1804. The suicide was a shocker, though...how sad. I did have his death date (from Find-A-Grave) but no death info.
Again, thanks so much!
Best Regards,
Judy

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 7:17PM GMT

So, one of the Mary's I mentioned in my email is related to you? I did not copy the info down because the husband was not Ira. If you want the death certificate details just tell me which woman it was and I will get them for you
Peg

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 2:06PM GMT

Hi
Did you email me on April 11? My message board said there was a message on April 11 about 7 PM but it did not show up in my messages
Peg

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 2:58PM GMT
Hi Peg,
Just the one to thank you...I see you wrote back about the 'Mary' Hall, but I didn't get that, either...Ancestry's been goofy for past couple of days.
Thanks for the offer, but all I was really hoping for was something on Ira to tell who his parents were. I do appreciate your help!
Regards,
Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic