Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM JOHNSON NJ, NY 1809-1907

WILLIAM JOHNSON NJ, NY 1809-1907

Posted: 28 Apr 2000 3:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Sep 2009 6:11AM GMT
Surnames: johnson, osburn
Looking for Johsnon connections, William Johnson born in Rahway NJ in 1809 son of William Johnson from Ireland and Hannah Osburn, William Johnson also had a brother John Johsnon b. 1807 or 08.

William Johnson NJ 1809-1907

M. (Johnson) Kelson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2000 10:16AM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2009 6:25AM GMT
Surnames: johnson, griffen, matthews
William Johnson was born in Rahway NJ, Dec.27,1809 and died Feb 23, 1907 in Canarise NY. He is buried in Canarise Cemetary sec. 8, lot 20 1-12. His brother John was born about 1800. His parents were William ?. His father was born about 1782 in Ireland and his wife was born in Germany. William married Mary Griffen. Mary Griffen was born in NY. They had a daughter Henrietta Johnson b. 1855 Brooklyn NY. Hennrietta married Charles Stillwell Matthews in about 1874. Charles was born 1854. They had 7 children, 1:Frederick; 2: Harold; 3: Eliza E. born 1875; 4: Anna Brelle born 1878; 5: Nettie born 1884; 6: Alynda Raynor born Jan 23, 1895; 7:William F.bornabout 1883. They were all born in Brooklyn NY. Henrietta died Sept. 9, 1929 in Canarise NY of cardiac arrest and is buried in the same cemetary as her father which is located @ 1662 Rockaway Ave, Canarise NY. You can find this info at http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com. You can further it by clicking DECENDENCY under Henrietta. I happened to remember seeing your message when I was entering a message of my own, and sinse I am also trying to trace the Johnson lineage (not getting very far) I figured if I came across anything pertaining to William I would look it up.
I know you will get even more info under Henrietta. ENJOY! Marji (Johnson) Kelson.

William Johnson

Posted: 29 Apr 2000 2:50PM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2009 6:28AM GMT
ThankYou, the information on Roots web is submitted by myself. I thought i had finally found another ancestor.

Johnson's

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2000 9:43AM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2009 6:32AM GMT
Surnames: johnson, sherman
I come from a family of Johnson (John- fought in the civil war and married a Catherine Sherman) from Norton, NJ (Hunterdon County) My father was raised in Northhampton County, PA "Johnson"; his father side is slightly vague. His father was Howard Lester; grandfather Howard E. and Katherine Frace-mother; Howard's father was John. I can't seem to fina anything after (before) John. However there was a John W. Johnson honorary palbearer at Howard E.'s funeral. Since it listed Howard E. as the son of the LATE John. The new John has to be a relative also. Anything in you lineage

John Johnson born NJ

Posted: 6 May 2000 11:28AM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2009 6:34AM GMT
Surnames: johnson, osburn, nicolls
The only thing I know about John Johnson was he owned a fishing stationon Barrens Island, he was born in NJ, his mother was Hannah Osburn and his father was William Johnson. John was born early 1800's in Rahway Nj and he married a women by the maiden name of Nicolls. Don't know if it's any relation to Governor Nicolls of NY.

Re: Johnson's

Tracy Franz (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2002 8:55PM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2009 6:36AM GMT
Surnames: johnson, spencer
I have a John W. Johnson He was my GGreat Grandfather, He was born in April 1873, in Stanhope , NJ Byram Township. Any chance he could be a relation, I am looking for his Parents and siblings. He married a Martha Spencer about 1896/1897 and they had 3 kids before he passed a way The children names are Charles W. also born in Stanhope. and Raymond J. and Pearl.

Re: Johnson's

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2004 3:31PM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2009 6:38AM GMT
Surnames: johnson
Sorry it took so long to reply ..No these are not my Johnson's..so far all mine are in Hunterdon &, Warren County in NJ...Of all names to be searching and a John Johnson no less!!! Than YOu

Re: WILLIAM JOHNSON NJ, NY 1809-1907

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Griffin, Griffen, Sutton, Reed, Martin, Slaght, Slacht, Cline, Mills, Smith, Wilson, Willson, Louks, Hamilton, Seeley, Seely
This family might be related to the SUTTON - REED - MARTIN - JOHNSON - SLAGHT/SLACHT - etc of New Jersey.

SOme of these earlier ancestor JOHNSON's/JOHNSTON's descendants also removed up to Ontario Canada, as they were Loyalists.

Possibly also moved west through PA to Northwest territory, etc. and on from there.

Same with GRIFFIN/GRIFFEN families, married to MILLS and CLINE, etc.

Ties in with MILLS - SMITH - CLINE - WILSON/WILLSON - LOUKS - HAMILTON - SEELY/SEELEY - etc.

pat
cw

per page

Find a board about a specific topic