Search for content in message boards

Italian Genealogical Group

Italian Genealogical Group

Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Sep 2001 12:06AM GMT
Surnames: Sasso, Sangiacomo, Sparacio, Farinella, Vignola
Saturday, October 9, 1999 at 10:00 AM at the Bethpage Library on Powell Ave. in Bethpage NY. You do not have to be a member to attend the meeting. For those of you interested the membership is $20 a year ($25 family). The monthly newsletter, the membership packet and the database are worth 5 times this amount. The help you can get from the membership is priceless. You can check out the website at http://www.italiangen.org/ if you have any questions you may email me. You do not have to be a resident of NY to join the club.
Posted: 13 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2001 12:06AM GMT
Surnames: Sasso, Sangiacomo, D'Agostino, Sparacio
Tammy,

We have 2 people in the group researching the surname of Forzano. I could not find a town by the name you are looking for but there are 2 towns similar.......Bognanco and Bognano. I hope this helps you.

Tony

Forzani history

Tammy Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Forzani
My maternal great grandfather and his father immigrated to Canada from Italy. My Great grandfather's name was Charles Forzani, his father's name was Joseph(f) Forzani. They left behind his mother who must have passed away here in Italy. According to my maternal grandmother (Charles's only surviving child) her father (Charles) was born in a town called Bogemenero, Italy. We can't seem to find listed anywhere, any vital statistics information about Joseph(f) or Charles. We have been speculating that they may have changed the spelling of their last name to accomodate the Canadians.

Re: Forzani

Elaine Forzano (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2002 6:19PM GMT
Many Forzanos come from towns in and around the province of Messina in Sicily.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic