Search for content in message boards

Fuller/Jane Armstrong/ Cherokee connection

Fuller/Jane Armstrong/ Cherokee connection

Posted: 13 Jul 2004 2:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fuller/Armstrong
I am very interested in the information you posted concerning Jane Armstrong and her mother Oh Ko Wi Ki. Up until a few weeks ago she was in my data base as Martha/Patsy Huntley married to Richard Armstrong,son of Isaac, who was Scottish or Irish. I'm just getting started on this area of the tree but sure would like to know the origin of the information about the Cherokee. I would be delighted to share any Armstrong information I have, but none of it mentions any details about OhKoWiKi.

Please contact me.
Anne

Re: Fuller/Jane Armstrong/ Cherokee connection

Posted: 29 May 2012 4:45AM GMT
When I first found the trees for comparison that contained the name I had been hunting for: OhKoWiKi, it also indicated her parents. the father was Abraham Alsobrook and i did nt get the mothers name written down and then when i prusued further i wwas never able to get the names to come back up again. I do remember that the father and morthers name were both shown with the notation (Indian).

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 3:53AM GMT
Surnames: Armstrong Alsobrook Huntley
I also have Abraham and Jane Alsobrook on my tree. When I saw that Martha "Patsy" Huntley was also name Ohkowike, I immediately thought that she must have Native American blood in her. We always knew that somewhere in the family tree there was a Cherokee, but I wasn't able to find it until someone refereed to her by her Indian name. That's when I began to look more into her line. If anyone has anymore information other than names and dates, I'd appreciate it! Email me at alyssa_senseney@yahoo.com

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 2:36AM GMT
I too am researching the family tree for Cherokee ancesters. Martha 'Patsy' Armstrong is my 5th great grandmother. I am going to check the Dawes Rolls for her father's name Abraham Alsobrook. Wish me luck. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 3:20AM GMT
I hope you find something.

I am not sure the year Dawes was compiled and if that was after Abraham and Jane.

Also Martha may not have come forward to register in fear she would be taken from her family to be removed to Indian territory

But I hope you find something

I would appreciate any info you could help with

Posted: 17 May 2014 10:39PM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2014 10:39PM GMT
I am the great great grandson of Reynolds Bennett, who's grandparents are full blooded Indian. Any help would be great. I'm related to y'all. Look for our names on the Baker rolls of Eastern Band Cherokee, where our family lived. I will go look. :) Martha Patsy is his grandmother

Posted: 8 Jul 2014 10:14PM GMT
Have you been able to locate Martha on the rolls?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions