Search for content in message boards

The Kidnapping of Sacajawea

The Kidnapping of Sacajawea

Posted: 18 Oct 2010 3:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been researching the summer of 1803 preperations in Pittsburgh for Lewis and Clark Expedition. One record I am researching is the reference that Sacajawea's son John Baptiste was a close friend of General Robert E Lee. I am also researching Dr Grace R Hebard's' book on Sacajawea stating that Sacajawea's granddaughters by John Baptiste were Barbara and Margaret Myers.

Records show Sacajawea was kidnapped from her home of the Land of the Three Rivers. Since General Robert E Lee's father had close ties to Pittsburgh otherwise know as the Land of the Three Rivers, Sacajawea and her family might be from and/or related to the Myers boat building family in Pittsburgh. In 1780, Jacob Myers had built boats in Pittsburgh for General George Rogers Clark who was William Clark's brother. An invoice, which still survives today, states Thomas Jefferson paid for the boats. There are some records that Jacob Myers was related to the Gratz Brothers who were a major supplier of war goods to General George Rogers Clark. Reference I am using is the book The Gratz Brothers Papers.

Re: The Kidnapping of Sacajawea

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 6:00PM GMT
Surnames: corn blossom
Sacajawea was not with them to later on my great great aunt. Corn blossom the baby on back is my great granddad she was with them for a long time research her and it will tell you a lot about Clark and Lewis Thomas Norris Clark raised my great granddad to he was 12rs old.

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 6:46PM GMT
Let me say my family does have some sort of connection to Big Jack Troxal and Chief Logan. In any event, it seems the land of the Three Rivers is Pittsburgh. In fact there are several families in Pittsburgh/Greensburg who claim to be related to Big Jack Troxal.

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 3:30AM GMT
Cheif doublehead is my third great grandfather when Lewis and Clark was in Louisville Kentucky corn blossom brought them to kentucky. They builded a fort on a island in the Ohio river in Louisville ky during the winters she took care of them by planting the Cherokee corn on that island they would have died if it wasn't for her.Now the island is called corn island named after her .she is my great great granddad half sister . His name was bird tail double head he is the one that escaped off the barge on the trail of tears she should be on that coin the picture looks like her when she was younger but that baby on her back is my great granddad bird doublehead

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 12:01PM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2013 4:12PM GMT
Well Jewish white relatives of Big Jack Troxal state Big Jack was from Pittsburgh. So my research puts Sacajawea in Pittsburgh or the Land of the Three Rivers. We are also related to Catholic Bishop William McCloskey of Louisville KY.

The Myers family were a Pittsburgh Jewish riverboat family who ran riverboats from Pittsburgh to Louisville KY in the mid to late 1700's.

Bishop William McCloskey was the brother of Cardinal John McCloskey of Albany NY.

Last the Dr Grace R Hebart letters state Sacajawea's grandchildren were Barbara and Margaret Myers.

I am looking for the families of Meriwether Lewis including Sacajawea aka Jane Myers and her son John Baptiste Myers and her two granddaughters Margaret and Barbara Myers throught the female Native American Myers line.

They would be connected by Dr Grace R Hebard's records to Prince Paul and therefore connected to Catholic Prince Bishop Talleyrand who was the head French Negotiatior for the Louisiana Purchase, Prince Catholic Father Gallatzin of Gallitzin PA, Cardinal John McCloskey and his friend Pope Pius IX.

Biographical Note on Dr Grace R Hebard

Grace Hebard was born in Clinton, Iowa, on July 2, 1861. She took her B.S. at the University of Iowa in 1882 and her M.A. at the same institution in 1885. A paper in the collection states that she was the first woman to "be graduated from the Civil Engineering Dep(artment) of the University." She received her Ph.D. from Illinois Wesleyan in 1893. She subsequently spent over forty years at the University of Wyoming, much of this time as librarian and Head of the Department of Political Economy. She collected on the topic of Wyoming history, and on her death in 1936, she bequeathed her collection to the University of Wyoming at Laramie. She also wrote on the topic of Wyoming history. Her works include The Bozeman Trail, The Government of Wyoming, The Pathbreakers, Sacajawea, and Washakie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scope and Contents
The collection consists of four folders that largely contain photographs, letters, drawings, and manuscripts. This material served as actual or potential illustrations for Hebard's research on Sacajawea and the Lewis and Clark Expedition, which she conducted for her book Sacajawea: Guide of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, which was published in 1933.

Folder 1 contains material that was not used as illustration. Folder 2 is the typed manuscript, including a bibliography and corrections. Folder 3 consists of copies while Folder 4 contains the respective originals. For the most part, these illustrations were used in the book.

C. Pummer and J. Roethler, August 2004

Photographs: The vast majority of the collection is made of photographs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Materials
Most of Hebard's letters are in the American Heritage Center at the University of Wyoming.
There are letters between Levi Leonard and Miss Hebard in the Leonard collection. MsC 159

Anderson, Irving W. "Probing the Riddle of the Bird Woman." Montana, 23:4 (Autumn 1973), pp. 2 -- 17

Brown, Larry K. "In Old Wyoming: Grace Raymond Hebard." Wyoming Annals, 66:3 (Fall 1994), pp. 6 -- 7

Fleck, Richard F. and Robert A. Campbell. "A Selected Literary Bibliography of Wyoming." Annals of Wyoming, 45 (Spring 1974), pp. 75 -- 112. Includes five items by Hebard

Wenzell, Janell M. "Dr. Grace Raymond Hebard as Western Historian." M.A. thesis, American Civilization, University of Wyoming, 1960
Acquisition and Processing Information
Guide posted to Internet: August 2004
Box Contents List

Clippings and publicity

Hebard letters in the Levi O. Leonard collection: an index

Manuscripts

Sacajawea: Guide of the Lewis and Clark Expedition

FOLDER 1: ILLUSTRATIONS NOT USED IN PUBLISHED EDITION

Photo of Maggie Baptiste Myers, daughter of Baptiste, son of Sacajawea. March 28, 1925

Photo of Andrew Bazil, son of Bazil, son of Sacajawea, March 28, 1925

Photo of Quantan Quay

Photo of Sage Weetchie, great-grandson of Sacajawea

Photo of Andrew Bazil and Maggie Baptiste Weejans, "grandchildren ? Sacajawea"

Photo of Shoshone moccasins

Photo of "the graves of Sacajawea; Bazil, her son; and Barbara Baptiste Myers, daughter of papoose of the Lewis and Clark Expedition"

Photo of the cemetery in which Sacajawea is buried

Photo of Bishop Randall Chapel

Photo of burial record of Sacajawea, August 19, 1873

Photo of record of the baptism of four great-grandchildren of Sacajawea, April 9, 1884

Photo of bronze tablet in memory of Reverend George Maxwell Randall [?]

Photo of Fred Laiga, great-grandson of Sacajawea

FOLDER 2: TYPED MANUSCRIPT WITH CORRECTIONS

401 typed leaves

Bibliography

FOLDER 3: COPIES OF PHOTOS OF ILLUSTRATIONS USED IN PUBLISHED EDITION

Photo of Reverend John Roberts and Andrew Bazil at grave of Sacajawea

Reproduction of drawing of Fort Supply / Photo of Bazil, adopted son of Sacajawea (extreme left, standing) and Chief Washakie (mounted, ?)

Photo of Sacajawea's "comanche kinfolk." Includes Hi-we-nah's eldest daughter and her family

Photo of painting of "Prince Paul, Baptiste, and the Indians" / reproduction of painting "Reunion of Sacajawea and her Shoshone People"

Reproduction of Indian drawing of the Custer battle. June 15, 1876 / photo of We-se-paie, George Ko-we-na and wife, and Hi-we-nah, descendants of Sacajawea

Reproduction of map of Washakie National Forest, Wyoming [drawn by the author]

Photo of letter from William Clark requesting a passport for Prince Paul

Facsimile of original De Smet manuscript, describing the meeting on the Oregon Trail of Prince Paul, September 1951 / facsimile of Boggs' manuscript describing Baptiste and his half-brother "Tessou," 1845

Reproduction of a map of a section of the Lewis and Clark expedition. The sources of the Missouri River and the meeting place of the white men with the Shoshone Indians. Sketched by Laura Tolman Scott

Reproduction of painting of statue of Sacajawea by Henry Altman, 1905

Facsimile of letter to General William Clark from Prince Paul requesting a passport to ascend the Missouri River, May 5, 1823

Reproduction of original drawing by [Heinrich Balduin] Moellhausen of "Race of the Cheyenne Maidens," dated October 26, 1851 / reproduction of sketch by Moellhausen of the attack on Prince Paul, October 26, 1851, by the Kiawas

Photo of Susan Perry (friend of Sacajawea) and the author

FOLDER 4: ILLUSTRATIONS PARTIALLY USED IN PUBLISHED EDITION (ORIGINALS)

Photo of Reverend John Roberts and Andrew Bazil at grave of Sacajawea

Reproduction of drawing of Fort Supply

Photo of Sacajawea's "Comanche kinfolk." Includes Hi-we-nah's eldest daughter and her family

Photo of We-se-paie, mother-in-law of Tah-cu-tine, Sacajawea's Comanche grand-daughter

Photo of George Ko-we-nah, first cousin of Tah-cu-tine

Photo of Andrew Bazil and his cousin Barbara Baptiste Meyers

Photo of Bazil, adopted son of Sacajawea (extreme left, standing) and Chief Washakie (mounted, ?)

Reproduction of Bogg's manuscript describing Baptiste and his half-brother "Tessou," 1845

Photo of letter from William Clark requesting a passport for Prince Paul

Reproduction of letter from Prince Paul to General William Clark requesting a passport to ascend the Missouri River, May 5, 1823

Map of Washakie National Forest, Wyoming [drawn by the author]

Photo of original De Smet manuscript, describing the meeting on the Oregon Trail of Prince Paul, September 1851

Map of a section of the Lewis and Clark expedition. The sources of the Missouri River and the meeting place of the white men with the Shoshone indians. Sketched by Laura Tolman Scott

Photo of Susan Perry (friend of Sacajawea) and author

Photo of manuscript of Prince Paul recalling pleasant remembrances of "B. Charbaneau, whose mother was a 'Schoschone'," written August 10, 1850

Photo of manuscript of Father De Smet, describing meeting with Prince Paul of Wuertemberg in 1851 on "La Platte"

Photo of translated manuscript of Father De Smet's Life, Letters, and Travel (sample page)

1 leaf with instructions on how illustrations should be included in text

4 leaves on how particular individual photographs will be organized on 4 pages in text.

You can't say I put Dr Grace R Hebard up to it. If you call the library, they confirm these items are in their records.

So again if you can tell me where John Baptiste, the foster brother of Meriwether Lewis Clark, is at the time Meriwether Lewis Clark and Robert E Lee are at West Point together, I might actually believe you are trying to save my time.

Saving my time as you don't want me to waste my time on fake and false records for which I thank you.

Then Prince Paul

Prince Paul of Württemberg
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Prince Paul
Prince Paul of Württemberg

Spouse Princess Charlotte of Saxe-Hildburghausen
Magdalena Fausta Angela de Creus y Ximenes
Issue
Grand Duchess Elena Pavlovna of Russia
Prince Frederick
Prince Paul Friedrich
Pauline, Duchess of Nassau
Prince August
Full name
Paul Heinrich Karl Friedrich August
House House of Württemberg
Father Frederick I of Württemberg
Mother Augusta of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
Born (1785-01-19)19 January 1785
St Petersburg
Died 16 April 1852(1852-04-16) (aged 67)
Paris

HRH Prince Paul of Württemberg (German: Prinz Paul Heinrich Karl Friedrich August von Württemberg; St. Petersburg, Russian Empire, 19 January 1785 – Paris, France, 16 April 1852) was a German prince and the fourth child and second son of Frederick I of Württemberg and Augusta of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel.

Contents
[hide]
1 Early life
2 Marriage and children
3 Later life
4 Illegitimate daughter and issue
5 Ancestry
6 References

[edit] Early life
Soon after Paul's birth, his mother separated from his father during a stay in Russia with Frederick's sister's mother-in-law, Catherine II of Russia. Augusta died in exile in Koluvere, Estonia in 1788. In 1797, Frederick married HRH Charlotte, Princess Royal, eldest daughter of George III of the United Kingdom, and she supervised the education of Paul and his two surviving siblings: Wilhelm and Catharina. Charlotte regarded Paul as "a very comical boy and, in my partial eyes, his manners are like Adolphus [Charlotte's younger brother]."[1]

As Paul grew up, her opinion changed. During a visit to London in 1814, Paul, along with many other princes, was taken to visit the Ascot races by the Prince Regent. He behaved badly, getting the Prince of Orange blind drunk. "For thirteen years he has done nothing but offend his father with the improprieties of his conduct", his stepmother wrote.[1]

[edit] Marriage and children
On 28 September 1805 in Ludwigsburg, Paul married Princess Charlotte of Saxe-Hildburghausen (17 June 1787 Hildburghausen – 12 December 1847 Bamberg), second daughter of Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Hildburghausen. They had five children:

Friederike Charlotte Marie (9 January 1807 – 2 February 1873); married Grand Duke Michael Pavlovich of Russia
Frederick Karl August (21 February 1808 – 9 May 1870); married his cousin Princess Catherine Frederica of Württemberg and was the father of William II of Württemberg.
Paul Friedrich (7 March 1809 – 28 May 1810)
Pauline Friederike Marie (25 February 1810 – 7 July 1856); married William, Duke of Nassau; mother of Sophia of Nassau, wife of Oscar II of Sweden. Through Pauline, Paul is an ancestor of the present Belgian, Danish, Dutch, Luxembourg, Norwegian and Swedish Royal families.
August (24 January 1813 – 12 January 1885); married (morganatically) Marie Bethge, with issue.
[edit] Later life
In 1815 Paul moved from his home in Stuttgart to Paris, leaving his wife and two sons, but taking his daughters with him. There he led a relatively modest life, but was frequently in the company of intellectuals such as Georges Cuvier. Paul's family did not approve of this, and ordered him to return to Württemberg, but he refused.[2] While in Paris, he fathered two illegitimate daughters by mistresses.

Shortly after the death of his wife in 1847 Paul went to England with his long-term mistress Magdalena Fausta Angela de Creus (or Creux) y Ximenes or Madeleine Creux, the widow of Sir Sandford Whittingham KCB (1772–1841), and they were married in the Parish Church of St Nicholas, Brighton, Sussex, 26 April 1848.[3] She died in Paris, 27 December 1852. Their daughter Pauline Madeleine Ximenes, who had been born in Paris, 3 March 1825, was created Gräfin von Helfenstein in 1841. She married comte Gustave de Monttessuy in Paris on 24 August 1843 and died in Paris on 24 February 1905.[4]

Paul died in Paris aged 67.

[edit] Illegitimate daughter and issue
Shortly before his marriage, Paul had a mistress named Friederike Porth (b.Halberstadt, 22 August 1776 - d.Frankfurt am Main, 9 June 1860). Friederike was the daughter of Johann Carl Porth (b.Barchwitz, Schlesien, 1748 - d.Weimar, 18 June 1794) and his wife Caroline (c. 1752 - Weimar, aft. 1797).

Paul and Friederike had a daughter named Karolina or Karoline von Rothenburg (b.Frankfurt am Main, 28 November 1805 - d.Frankfurt am Main, 13 February 1872). On 16 February 1836 in Augsburg, Karoline married Karl, Freiherr von Pfeffel (b.Dresden, 22 November 1811 - d.Munich, 25 January 1890).

Karoline and Karl had at least one son Hubert, Freiherr von Pfeffel, born in Munich on 8 December 1843, who married Helene von Rivière, born on 14 January 1862.

Herbert and Helene had one daughter, Marie Luise, Freiin von Pfeffel, who was born in Paris on 15 August 1882, and married Stanley F. Williams of Bromley, Kent.

Marie and Stanley's daughter Irene Williams married Osman Ali Wilfred Kemal, alias Wilfred Johnson, born in 1909 at Bournemouth, Dorset. Osman alias Wilfred was the son of Ali Kemal Bey (1867 - murdered, İzmit, 6 November 1922), sometime Interior Minister of Turkey, by his first wife Winifred Brun.

Irene and Wilfreds son, Stanley Patrick Johnson (born Penzance, Cornwall, 18 August 1940), married firstly Charlotte Fawcett, daughter of Sir James Fawcett (1913–1991). They had four children before they were divorced. Wilfred later married Jennifer Kidd and had two further children. Charlotte later married a Mr. Wahl. The four children born to Stanley and Charlotte are:

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson (born New York, New York County, 19 June 1964), Mayor of London, for a four year term commencing on 4 May 2008.[3][4];
Rachel Johnson (born 1965), a journalist, married to Ivo Dawnay, the communications director of the National Trust, and has three children;
Joseph Edmund "Jo" Johnson (born 1971), Conservative MP for Orpington and Head of Lex at the Financial Times, married to Amelia Gentleman, a journalist for The Guardian and the daughter of artist and designer David Gentleman, and has two children, Rose and William;
Leo Johnson, an entrepreneur.
[edit] Ancestry
[show]Ancestors of Prince Paul of Württemberg

16. Frederick Charles, Duke of Württemberg-Winnental
8. Charles Alexander, Duke of Württemberg
17. Margravine Eleonore Juliane of Brandenburg-Ansbach
4. Frederick II Eugene, Duke of Württemberg
18. Anselm Franz, 2nd Prince of Thurn and Taxis
9. Princess Maria Augusta of Thurn and Taxis
19. Princess Maria Ludovika Anna Franziska of Lobkowicz
2. Frederick I of Württemberg
20. Philip William, Margrave of Brandenburg-Schwedt
10. Frederick William, Margrave of Brandenburg-Schwedt
21. Princess Johanna Charlotte of Anhalt-Dessau
5. Margravine Sophia Dorothea of Brandenburg-Schwedt
22. Frederick William I of Prussia
11. Princess Sophia Dorothea of Prussia
23. Sophia Dorothea of Hanover
1. Prince Paul of Württemberg
24. Ferdinand Albert II, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg
12. Charles I, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg
25. Duchess Antoinette Amalie of Brunswick-Lüneburg
6. Charles William Ferdinand, Duke of Brunswick
26. Frederick William I of Prussia
13. Princess Philippine Charlotte of Prussia
27. Sophia Dorothea of Hanover
3. Augusta of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
28. George II of Great Britain
14. Frederick, Prince of Wales
29. Caroline of Ansbach
7. Princess Augusta of Great Britain
30. Frederick II, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg
15. Princess Augusta of Saxe-Gotha
31. Princess Magdalena Augusta of Anhalt-Zerbst
[edit] References
^ a b Fraser, Flora (2007). Princesses — The Six Daughters of George III. London: John Murray. pp. 196. ISBN 0-7195-6109-4.
^ Zeepvat, Charlotte (2006). Romanov Autumn. Stroud: Sutton. pp. 21–22. ISBN 0-7509-4418-8.
^ Family Tree Magazine, volume 21, no. 4 (February 2005) page 14, and no. 8 (July 2005) page 22.
^ Michel Huberty, Alain Giraud and F. & B. Magdelaine, L'Allemagne Dynastique, volume 2 (1979) pages 504-7, Note 17a.

Below is Meriwether Lewis' log entry for the first day out of Pittsburgh in Allegheny County. Again my research is on Sacajawea and her two granddaughters Barbara and Margaret Myers. They were Jewish blood Catholic Native Americans connected to Prince Paul of Russia.

Left Pittsburgh [2] this day at 11 ock with a party of 11 hands 7 of which are soldiers, a pilot and three young men on trial they having proposed to go with me throughout the voyage. [3] Arrived at Bruno's Island [4] 3 miles below halted a few minutes. went on shore and being invited on by some of the gentlemen present to try my airgun [5] which I had purchased brought it on shore charged it and fired myself seven times fifty five yards with pretty good success; after which a Mr. Blaze Cenas [6] being unacquainted with the management of the gun suffered her to discharge herself accedentaly the ball passed through the hat of a woman about 40 yards distanc cuting her temple about the fourth of the diameter of the ball; shee fell instantly and the blood gusing from her temple we were all in the greatest consternation supposed she was dead by [but] in a minute she revived to our enespressable satisfaction, and by examination we found the wound by no means mortal or even dangerous; called the hands aboard and proceeded to a ripple of McKee's rock* [7] where we were obleged to get out all hands and lift the boat [8] over about thirty yards; the river is extreemly low; said to be more so than it has been known for four years; about [blank] we passed another ripple near [erasure] Past another bear or ripple with more dificulty than either of the others halted for the night much fatiegued after labouring with my men all day— [9] the water being sufficiently temperate was much in our favor; gave my men some whiskey and retired to rest at 8 OClock—

*a discription of this place to [follow?]

1. Probably misdated. There is no August 31 entry, and in a letter to Jefferson of September 8, Lewis says he left on the thirty-first. Jackson (LLC), 1:121.

2. Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, is located at the point where the Monongahela and Allegheny rivers join to form the Ohio. It became the "Gateway to the West" and in 1800 had a population of 2,400, growing to nearly 5,000 by 1810. Buck & Buck, 75, 94–95, 217.
3. It is impossible to be certain who was with Lewis at this time. Of those who made the entire journey to the Pacific, George Shannon and John Colter may already have joined. The soldiers were probably detached by Lieutenant William A. Murray. The pilot was T. Moore, who was paid seventy dollars to conduct Lewis to the Falls of the Ohio. For expedition members, see Appendix A. Ibid., 107 n. 1, 125–126 n. 1; Cutright (HLCJ), 8 n. 11. (

4. Named for Felix Brunot, a French physician who settled in Pittsburgh about 1797, it stands where Chartiers Creek empties into the Ohio from the south. Brunot was reportedly a friend of Lewis, which would explain why he stopped at the island in spite of his hurry. Thwaites (EWT), 4:93 and n. 50; Buck & Buck, 374; Russell (FTT), 44.

5. This weapon, which much impressed the Indians along the expedition's route, was probably manufactured by Isaiah Lukens, horologist and gunsmith of Philadelphia; it was returned to him after Lewis's death in 1809, sold at auction on Lukens's death in 1847, and discovered and identified in 1976. Probably more useful for impressing the natives than for hunting, it had a butt reservoir and was much like a Kentucky rifle in appearance. Stewart (AAGS); Chatters; Halsey; Wolff, 131–32. (Return to text.)

6. Blaze Cenas was related by marriage to Felix Brunot, which would explain his presence on Brunot's Island. By 1808 Cenas was living in New Orleans.

7. McKees Rocks is situated in Allegheny County, just north of the mouth of Chartiers Creek; the formation takes its name from Alexander McKee, who owned land in the area before the Revolution. The cutting action of the river left huge overhanging rocks. Espenshade, 224–25.

8. Much of our information on this vessel comes from drawings and measurements in Clark's Field Notes (see below, fig. 7 and accompanying notes). The craft was built in Pittsburgh in July and August of 1803, presumably to Lewis's specifications, and was somewhat modified at the River Dubois, Illinois, camp during the winter of 1803–4. It was fifty-five feet in length, with an eight-foot beam, a thirty-two-foot mast, a shallow draft, and a hold thirty-one feet long. At the stern was a cabin with a deck on top, and there was a ten-foot deck at the bow. As Clark's drawings show, it was basically a galley, little resembing the classic keelboat of the "Western Waters." It does strongly resemble a Spanish river galley of the 1790s illustrated in Nasatir (SWV), frontispiece—apparently a drawing by Clark. This seems to have been a standard type of vessel for use on inland waters, especially for military purposes. See Baldwin (KA), 16–19, 42–45, 162–64, and illustrations opposite 32, 42, 64; Appleman (LC), 49; Lewis to Jefferson, July 15 and 22, September 8, 1803, Lewis to Clark, August 3, 1803, Jackson (LLC), 1:110–17, 121–22; Nicholas Biddle Notes, ca. April 1810, ibid., 2:534.

9. In Allegheny County the information does not allow precise location.

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 4:22PM GMT
Lewis was killed down south after they left Louisville ky they thought that he killed his self.but the masonic aparen that he had had blood on it.they thought it was just his but when they tested for the second time it had animal and somebodys else blood on it.I have drawing of corn blossom tell me who it looks like.this drawing was done when she was young and this is the picture of her father

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 5:06PM GMT
In the book STANTON by Benjamin P Thomas, it states on page 68 a few lines down that Pittsburgh lawyer Edwin M Stanton married Ellen Hutchison who was the daughter of wealty Pittsburgh shipper Lewis Hutchison. Lewis Hutchison was a descendent of Meriwether Lewis.

Edwin M Stanton was Abraham Lincoln's Secretary of War.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions