Search for content in message boards

John C. Meadows

John C. Meadows

Sanford L. Meadows (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2003 3:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Meadows Family-I am searching for parents of John C. Meadows born about 1818. John C. Meadows married Sara Oliver in Harris County, GA 30 Sept. 1841. Sara was the daughter of Caleb Oliver and Nancy White. John C. died in New Site, Tallapposa County, AL 12 December 1886 and is buried in McClendon Cemetery between New and Daviston off HWY 22. I am his great grandson-Sanford L. Meadows, 329 Bence Street, New Site, AL 36256 3421, email slmeadows@charter.net

Re: John C. Meadows

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 3:58AM GMT
Surnames: meadows
Hi Harris. My name is Ann from Ar.My gggradfather was John
C Meadows and Sara Olliver. Their daughter was my ggrandmother Emma Saphronia Meadows. Born in Ga in 1850.
She married my ggrandfather in 1869 in Tallapoosas Al
His name was William A Lee.They had James Washington Lee born in Tallapoosas Al in 1846 They moved to Oak Grove La in the 1900.They had maddieb Lee in 1909 born in Tallapoosas Al. Maddieb Lee married my grandfather in 192o
His name was Bee k Ponder. They had my mother Annie Mae Ponder in 1928.
Posted: 19 Aug 2008 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: Oliver, White, Meadows
Dear Ann,

My name is Robert Johnston and I saw your here. I believe we are related through the Oliver family, but some of my information is not proven as of yet. I have that your Sara Oliver, w/o John C. Meadows, was the daughter of Thomas White Oliver and Frances Roebuck, and the granddaughter of Caleb oliver and Nancy White. I see that Sanford Meadows has that Sarah Oliver Meadows was the daughter of Caleb Oliver and Nancy White. I do not know which is correct. It seems we cannot locate a primary source for the children of Caleb Oliver and Nnacy White, so it is hard to determine who were the children of theirs and who wasn't. I descend from two sons of Caleb Oliver and Nancy White, Simeon M. Oliver or New Site, Tallapoosa Co. (buried in McClendon Cem) and Henry Shelton Oliver of Opelika, Lee Co., AL. I would love to learn more about your line and would love to know if you have any old photos from your line. You can e-mail me direct at rcj@elmore.rr.com so we can exchange attachments if needed. - Robert

Re: John C. Meadows

Posted: 25 Jul 2009 2:56PM GMT
Surnames: Meadows, Lee
Ann, Sanford Meadows is my husband. We have all of Emma Saphronia's brothers and sisters. Do you know anything about the Lee family? Sanford's Grandaddy A.C. Meadows married into the Lee family. When you get this message, please contact me at lwmeadows@charter.net.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions