Search for content in message boards

Whitenack

Whitenack

Posted: 15 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 3:46PM GMT
Surnames: Whitenack
My great-grandmother was Pearl (married Samuel Baughman) (2nd marriage name: Schroeder) of Jay County (Pike Twp?). Her mother was Sarah (Sara?). Sarah's father was Cornelius Whitenack, the father of several sons including Howard, Jim, and Ben. Info on Cornelius, was he the son of Isaac? Info on his wife?

Whitenack

Betty Creath (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Whitenack, Rathbun, Clark, Collins, Stout, Kise, Wolf
Cornelius Whitenack (1842-1930) married Lucy Ann Rathbun (1840-1914), daughter of Hiram and Frances Clark Rathbun in Jay County, Indiana on 29 Oct 1863. Cornelius was the son of Isaac and Maria Louisa Collins. Cornelius and Lucy Ann Rathbun Whitenack had a daughter Sarah J (b c1868) who married Joseph F Lyons and had at least one son Theodore Lyons (b 1895). Cornelius and Lucy's other children were: Charles, Oliver, John, Emma, James, Cynthia, Benjamin. (no Howard I know of)
There were also other Cornelius Whitenacks - one a son of Abram and Elizabeth Leever Whitenack and another Cornelius (1793-1860)who was the son of Isaac and Rachel Stout Whitenack. This one married Mary Kise and had children Abram, Isaac, Jacob, Oree, Mary, Rachel, Cornelius (m Minerva Wolf), Hannah, Andrew, Catherine.

Cornelius Whiteneck

Posted: 28 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wolf
In your Jay Co. forum you mention a Cornelius Whitenack married Minerva Wolf. Would this be the same as Cornelious Whiteneck that married Manerva Wolf 1832-1892, 27 Nov. 1852 in Warren Co., OH?

Oliver Howard Whitenack

Debra Jo Whitenack Bachman (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Whitenack
Apparently Oliver's middle name was Howard. Oliver Howard Whitenack was an older brother of my Grandfather, Benjamin Franklin Whitenack. My dad has a terrific photograph of Cornelius and his sons. Grandpa and Grandma lived in Indiana. I believe it was in Jay County.

Re: Oliver Howard Whitenack

Posted: 23 Feb 2006 6:12PM GMT
I am very interested in a copy of that photograph. Any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Oliver Howard Whitenack

Posted: 18 Aug 2013 12:15PM GMT
Sorry. Had not been on this site in years so did not see your post. If you are still interested in photo I will try to track it down. I saw it online somewhere. Surprisingly there were also photos taken at same time of the mother and girls. So I think Sarah is in the photos. Contact me at eecee999@gmail.com. Debra Whitenack Bachman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions