Search for content in message boards

Rosie Cornish GRINAGE

Rosie Cornish GRINAGE

Kia Grinage (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2001 1:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 9:00AM GMT
Are any of the Cornish's of some african american heritage. Or are any of the Cornish's from Cambridge or have family from Cambridgde Maryland.

Cambridge CORNISHes

lois freeman (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2001 4:43PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 8:59AM GMT
My mother was Ethel Cornish. Her family was from the cambridge area, Smtihsville , Taylor's Island. The are stiil family there

Taylor's Island

kia grinage (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2001 8:40AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 9:00AM GMT
Guess what? The other day my parents found some old papers dating back to 1909. My grandmothers parents were born in Cambridge, but some of her mothers people originated from Taylor's Island. Some of her brothers and sisters were born there. Like I said before, her mothers name was Rosie Cornish Grinage. Do you happen to know anyone by the name, Rufus Cornish?

Cambridge CORNISH

Posted: 25 May 2001 12:40PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 8:57AM GMT
Some of my ancestors are Cornish from the Cambridge MD area. My great-great grandfather was a Charles Cornish, and my aunt married a man named George Cornish (deceased). I have lots of Cornish cousins...as a matter of fact, there is a Cornish family reunion in Aireys on 6/30 this year. Pls respond privately with more info at temcgill@bellsouth.net. We are probably related to each other.

Taylor's Island

Guy L. Cornish (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2001 7:01AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 9:01AM GMT
I had an uncle Rufus, who had a son Rufus, that lives in Joppa. He is 82 years old. His late brother, also named Guy, was named after my father. If this is the same family, Rosie's siblings were William, Louis, Galbert, Mildred, Obienas, Etta(who passed last year) Robert. If so, we're related.

Cambridge CORNISHes

Guy L. Cornish (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2001 7:15AM GMT
Kia,
Please see my reply to Taylor's Island. May be related. My dad was born in Cambridge and there is still famliy there, in Baltimore, Chase, Mount Airy, Owings Mills, and Randallstown.

GRINAGE / CORNISH

Kia Grinage (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2001 9:48AM GMT
I have family in those same exact towns!!!!

We're Family!!!!

Kia Grinage (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2001 9:54AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 8:58AM GMT
Etta was my dad's aunt. They went to the funeral in Jersey last year. Her daughter Sandy called this morning. Obinas, Etta and Galbert's sister is my grandmother. She is the last child alive. I know Rufus he comes to the Grinage/Cornish family reunion every year. This year it will be held in Pocomke Md. My father is hosting it Aaron Grinage. My number is 757-665-6419, we live in Parksley Va, located on the shore. But my dad is from Chase Md. We are related!!!! The reunion is on Aug. 4th. For more info call me.

Rosie

Kia Grinage (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2001 9:57AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 8:58AM GMT
Oh, yes my grandmother had a sister named Rosie, but their mother also was named Rosie. My grandmother had a sister named Mildred, but she died years ago.

Cambridge CORNISHes

Posted: 27 May 2001 1:19PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 8:56AM GMT
I wonder if any of you could send details to the Society of Cornishes about Cambridge Cornishes. We are researching the name world-wide and do not have much info on this branch of the family.
Regards
Roger Cornish
per page

Find a board about a specific topic