Search for content in message boards

Canadian Radfords

Canadian Radfords

Posted: 6 Aug 2003 2:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Radford, Buckles, Cullison, Cadwell
I've added you to my Genealogy - Canada - Radford List. I live several hours south of British Columbia and run into Canadian Radfords all the time. If you can give me some names you are interested in, along with their birth, death, etc. information, I'd be glad to keep an eye out for you and let you know when I find something. I record anything I can find on any Radford I find out about, on the off chance there may someday be a connection.

If you haven't already done so, may I suggest you join the RootsWeb.Com Canadian List for Ontario and surrounding area? There may be an opportunity that something will turn up there.

Chazz

Re: Canadian Radfords

Posted: 9 Aug 2004 5:30AM GMT
looking for any info on the following radfords

john radford who married mary elizabeth in england

one of their sons was john radford born 1883 hampshire england died grand narrows manitoba...john married lillieth purslow born 1887 hindsford england died 1963 grand narrows manitoba

they had 9 children ..jack ( my grandfather),daphne,ruth,arthur,edward,howard,william,benjamin,eileen

i am at a stand still in tracing anything further back...i have no dates of birth or town or even mary elizabeths maiden name. most of my relatives believe my ggg grandfather was adopted into the radford family

any help you can give would be appreciated

laurie sutherland (radford)

laurie (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2005 4:36PM GMT
robert radford from ontario canada has sent me all of the info on the canadian radfords. he has an extensive data base on the family that goes way back to england. try getting ahold of him at radfordr@rogers.com

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 7:27PM GMT
Hey there,

Im trying to find any records i can on a Arthur Lawrence Radford...He was born September 28, 1868 in the states somewhere from what I have been told and He moved to Comox, BC where he married Florence Sophia Cliffe and they had 5 sons that lived....he passed away in Comox on April 28, 1952...I do know he had brothers and sisters living in the States

Posted: 22 Mar 2007 5:32AM GMT
I have heard my granny and my aunt talk about a jack radford......

the only info I have on an Elizabeth radford born March 1837 and that she was in canada from 1907 til 1911 with her son Arthur lawrence and his wife, Florence Sophia and their children....and that arthur lawrence immigrated to canada from the USA in 1882

Posted: 24 Jul 2007 6:05PM GMT
My grandfather name is John Henry Radford who came from St.John's Newfoundland.
I think he had a brother name Arthur Radford. I would have to find out more from my brother who might even know more.
My grandfather was born in 1885 and died in May of 1960.
My grandfather died shortly after I was born in 1960
His wife name was Lillian May Buchanan she was born 1885 died in 1955.
His father's name is Henry Radford he was born 1739 and died in 1838. His mother's name is Elizabeth Arnold (Radford) she was born 1765 and died in 1864.

My grandfather lived on water st. St. John's Newfoundland Canada.

if you would like more information on a henry radford please e-mail me deb@hortons.biz

Thank you
Deborah D Radford
Boston Mass

Posted: 24 Jul 2007 6:13PM GMT
My grandfather name is John Henry Radford who came from St.John's Newfoundland.
I think he had a brother name Arthur Radford.
I would have to find out more from my brother who might even know more.
My grandfather was born in 1885 and died in May of 1960.

My grandfather died shortly after I was born in 1960

His wife name was Lillian May Buchanan (Radford) she was born 1883 died in 1955.

His father's name is Henry Radford he was born 1739 and died in 1838. His mother's name is Elizabeth Arnold (Radford) she was born 1765 and died in 1864.
My grandfather lived on water st. St. John's Newfoundland Canada.

if you would like more information on a henry radford please e-mail me deb@hortons.biz

Thank you
Deborah D Radford
Boston Mass

Posted: 5 Feb 2008 3:24AM GMT
just touching base......still having problems looking up arthur lawrence radford born in 1868 in NY
his moms name was elizabeth (?) jan 1837 in NY
lived in alabama in 1871 with his whole family he was 2 and
his fathers name was william born in 1835 in england

but its hard finding american records from canada

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 3:38PM GMT
Surnames: Radford
Lauire
I'm looking for the Radford's in Ireland. That my family might of come from Ireland before they came to St.John's NFL.
But my family came from St. John's Newfoundland.
I don't know if that will help you some.
I do have names of my family that came from St.john's. NFL.
If you would like to find out if they are what you are looking for.

Deborah Horton (Radford)

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 5:28AM GMT
Hi Charles :)

I am trying to track down my grandfathers Uncle who was born In oregon in 1870 to a William and Elizabeth Radford. His name was Charles E Radford

In 1891 and 1901 he was in Victoria but I seem to have lost him after that
per page

Find a board about a specific topic